Thread: Eastman 315

Default Eastman 315

Getting a Eastman MD 315 as a back up mandolin. Found one used for a great price.

Are there any long term owners who can give feedback on the tone of the 315? Are you still happy with the 315 or were you wanting to upgrade quickly?

Default Re: Eastman 315

Not a 315, but one of my sons has the A style 305. He's had it for a couple of years now, and it sounds and plays great. Make sure you have it well set up.

Thank you for the feedback.

I owned a Eastman 315 for quite a while and upgraded the tuners, bridge, did a speed neck and added an armrest and was quit happy with it. I then got a 314 to compliment it enjoyed both for quite a while. I found however that they did not hold up in a jam session. I sold them both to help fund a Girouard F-5 that I own today.
    That said, I think that they are the best bang for the buck in an F style mandolin available today.
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Quote Originally Posted by Charles E. View Post
    I owned a Eastman 315 for quite a while and upgraded the tuners, bridge, did a speed neck and added an armrest and was quit happy with it. I then got a 314 to compliment it enjoyed both for quite a while. I found however that they did not hold up in a jam session. I sold them both to help fund a Girouard F-5 that I own today.
    That said, I think that they are the best bang for the buck in an F style mandolin available today.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I know your Girouard F-5 sounds great!

I was thinking for the price it would be difficult to find a better quality f style mandolin. I am getting the 315 used for $499, so I thought it would be too good of a price to pass up.

What tuners did you install on your 315? Thank you for your time!

If I remember correctly, they were Grover 309's.
    Really, the 315 as it comes is a great mandolin and should give you no trouble. Just play it and enjoy it!
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Thank you for the information. I am excited to play it.