Thread: Article: New in Print/eBook - How to Play Mandolin in 14 Days by Tristan Scroggins

Blog Entries

Default Article: New in Print/eBook - How to Play Mandolin in 14 Days by

Default Re: Article: New in Print/eBook - How to Play Mandolin in 14 Days

Anybody see this book yet? I stumbled on it on Amazon yesterday. Being a relative beginner but not an absolute beginner , I wondered if I should check it out. The topics look pretty well rounded.

Blog Entries

Technically hasn't even been out two weeks according to the publish date on amazon and I didn't see anything on his social media about it until 5 days ago. Haven't seen it so can't speculate, but he has a reputation as an excellent instructor and audio interviews I've heard with him like the Mandolins and Beer podcast give me the impression he's a cut above many teachers. I know Megan and Adam who have run the Nashville Acoustic Camps for years think highly of his teaching skills, and he's featured as an instructor at a lot of big name camps all over North America. A lot of mandolin players would like to land those gigs, so you don't get there by just being a gun slinger mandolin player with big chops, which he also happens to have.

Probably will check it out, given those accolades. Also, in some ways, I believe music books are like mandolins - the more the merrier!

Default Re: Article: New in Print/eBook - How to Play Mandolin in 14 Days

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rieter View Post
    Probably will check it out, given those accolades. Also, in some ways, I believe music books are like mandolins - the more the merrier!
    Tristan is among other things, a mando nerd. He has been hired by the Hartford family to transcribe John’s notebooks full of fiddle tunes, he has published other books and there’s great material on his website. If you need a beginner book, I wouldn’t fear getting his. No one else has dared say they can teach you mandolin in 14 days.

So, 30 years hasn't done it, I might need to try this. OK, 40.