Thread: Trashy Late Night Mandolin Music!

Default Trashy Late Night Mandolin Music!

Tonight could be the night for music and mayhem!

On August 5, 1890, a Lawrence, Kansas newspaper reported late night trashy mandolin music being played in the downtown park.

On this 131st anniversary, let's keep the spirit of our trashy mandolin forebears alive and pickin'!
    “Like winds and sunsets, wild things were taken for granted until progress began to do away with them. Now we face the question whether a still higher ‘standard of living’ is worth its cost in things natural, wild and free.” -- Aldo Leopold

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trodgers For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trashy Late Night Mandolin Music!

Yep "THEY" better watch out for us mando pickers! We do love to cause mayhem at any hour of the day

4. The following members say thank you to William Smith for this post:

Well I did once play mandolin until around 3 am with two guitar players but in my defense all my neighbors were away. Given that drinking had occurred it was probably pretty trashy.

6. The following members say thank you to Nevin for this post:

Today's only 8/4/21. How about all us trashy mandolin players converge on Lawrence and show them how they shouldn't mess with us! OK I've have one too many glasses of wine tonight. Tomorrow I'm sure ill have less ambition. Carry on all!
    Ratliff R5 2007, Capek A5 2003, Washburn M5S-SB Jethro Burns 1982, Mid-Mo M-2, Epiphone MM 30 Bk mandolins, Harmony Batwing 1970's, George Bauer bowlback early 1900's Philadelphia.

"Don't cloud the issue with facts!" Groucho Marx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Gnann For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gnann View Post
    Today's only 8/4/21. How about all us trashy mandolin players converge on Lawrence and show them how they shouldn't mess with us! OK I've have one too many glasses of wine tonight. Tomorrow I'm sure ill have less ambition. Carry on all!
    I figured if it was in the newspaper on Aug 5th, the trashy mandolin music must have actually occurred prior to the 5th. We could all meet at the Mandolin Cafe World Headquarters in Lawrence!
    “Like winds and sunsets, wild things were taken for granted until progress began to do away with them. Now we face the question whether a still higher ‘standard of living’ is worth its cost in things natural, wild and free.” -- Aldo Leopold

Do you go to the Strawberry Point (Backbone) Festival?

We had very late night trashy mandolin and other music going there all last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlM View Post
    Do you go to the Strawberry Point (Backbone) Festival?

We had very late night trashy mandolin and other music going there all last weekend.
    Never been.