Thread: MandoScales

Default MandoScales

Short of receiving an offer I can't refuse, I am commencing retirement.

MandoScales.com has been (and still is) a fun ride, but as it never actually generated more money than what it cost to maintain it, I'm going to let it retire too. It will be up and running until June 18 2023, but I'm cancelling the auto-renew feature of all those maintanency things, so the functionality of the site will most likely decrease over time. I have a couple of new exercises almost ready to post, but I'm also moving (back to Chile) in a month, so posting those might have to wait for a while. If the Contact page stops working correctly, you can always PM me here.

I hope that all those who nabbed the free PDFs when the pandemic started have found them useful, and I would enjoy hearing from some of you.
    mando scales
    technical exercises for rock blues & fusion mandolinists
    mp4 backing tracks & free downloadable pdfs

jimbevan.com

Default Re: MandoScales

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement, Jim. I hope it affords you all the time to do the stuff you haven't been able to get to, musically and everything else.
    Also, good luck on your move back to the Western Hemisphere. That's a really big move, but I guess you've done it before

I've had, and continue to have, fun with some of the student items that you posted on your site. I haven't done any of the play along tracks, (because my playing has been too slow ) but I guess maybe I should get on that before the opportunity goes away.

You'll still be here, right? I always enjoy your comments and insights.

best,
    Sue

3. The following members say thank you to Sue Rieter for this post:

Thanks Sue, yes, I'll still be here
    mando scales
    technical exercises for rock blues & fusion mandolinists
    mp4 backing tracks & free downloadable pdfs

jimbevan.com

I’m just two weeks into my mandolin life (I’ve played a number of instruments over my 70 years) and I’ll say thank you much for what I’ve downloaded today. As I practice and absorb these lessons I’ll let you know about my progress.

6. The following members say thank you to Kenny for this post:

Thanks for posting and congrats on retirement.

I didn't know about your site, the keyboard fingerbpoard is quite interesting! https://mandoscales.com/theory/
    Kentucky km900
    Yamaha piano, clarinet, violin; generic cello;
    a pedal steel (highly recommended); banjo, dobro don't get played much cause i'm considerate ;}

Shopping/monitoring prices: vibraphone/marimbas, rhodes, synths, Yamaha brass and double reeds

8. The following members say thank you to gtani7 for this post: