Thread: Left hand exercise keeping one finger stationary

Smile Left hand exercise keeping one finger stationary

Hey all,
    I want to find a video that shows me this left-hand exercise where you keep one finger stationary while fretting with the other fingers up and down the neck.
    TIA
    Susan

Default Re: Left hand exercise keeping one finger stationary

I am not sure what exercise you are talking about. You may be referring to Dounis exercises for violin? Here are a couple including the Dounis and Simon Fisher but I could only find it for violin. (You can find the notated versions of these.)

I would also look at Mike Marshall's Fingerbusters (there is a book) video:

And there is this one from Anthony Hannigan:

I am not sure that those help but maybe tell us more specifically what you are looking for.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

You could also try Schradieck's School of Violin Technics. I haven't even gotten past the first page and it's made my left-hand technique so much better!
    Eastman MD504
    Curt Mangan Monel, Light
    Dunlop Ultex Sharp, 1.14 mm

IG: @standing.wav

I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for but I wanted to suggest something different…I play Old Joe Clark sometimes with my index finger holding down the 2 string A chord while fretting the melody with my other 3 fingers…any simple tune in A, D, maybe E could work.

For me it’s fun to do rather than a dry exercise type thing…not that there’s anything wrong with those - I do scales and such all the time but do this for a little variation and fun.
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7