A new mandolin family instrument has been added to the Gryphon Stringed Instruments inventory

Frank's Cranks Pro Sets

View instrument...

Vendor: FRANK FORD
Type: Accessories & More
Price: 127.00
Frank's Cranks: Special Color-Coded SetsI've had requests for cranks with quickly identifiable sizes, so I made some sets with professionals in mind. These are easy to spot on a crowded workbench!GUITAR SET of 2 for Guitar Players, Roadies, etc. Large (blue) for large size guitar tuner buttons Medium (red) for smaller oval tuner buttonsLUTHIER SET of 3 for Repairers and Multi-intrumentalists Large (blue) for large size guitar tuner buttons Medium (red) for smaller oval tuner buttons Small (yellow) for mandolin Please note: These are intended for professional workbench and tool kits, so they don't have the little velvet bags, and they are not available separatelyThe three sizes: LARGE - This most versatile size fits Grover Rotomatic, full size Schaller, most classical and other "standard" large guitar tuner buttons. (It won't fit really big ones that are over 7/8” wide, such as the Grover Imperial, nor will it fit really thick ones,e.g., planetary style banjo peg buttons.) MEDIUM – for Waverly and Grover butter bean tuner buttons, and other smaller sizes, including vintage guitars and many mandolins. SMALL – The dedicated mandolin string crank. It won’t fit guitar buttons, but it’s the one you’ll want especially for the “F” style where headstock and tuner clearance can be an issue.The cranks fit tuner buttons closely, and that's an important part of their utility: 1. Seven-degree offset angle for the handle to mimic wrist action and make the winder track more accurately. 2. Full-length bearing in the handle for stability. 3. Close fit on the tuner button - again, for stability. 4. Soft, resilient head to help avoid scratching sensitive finishes, even if it does make contact. 5. The heft of a real tool because it's made of aluminum, brass, steel and wood.If you'd like more information, please call me at the shop: 650-493-2131I really do make these myself in small batches from raw materials, so availability will continue to be limited. When a size is temporarily sold out, the pull-down choice won't be available in the "Select an Option" box above. That means I'll be working to get some ready as soon as I can.