Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another newcomer

Default Re: Another newcomer

You mentioned early on it was a mando lute. Looks like a beautiful old mandolin to me. Yes I am jealous! Could someone post a pic of a mandolute so I can see the difference. Who need tubes and pedals when you can have that !
    Well done!
    Ratliff R5 2007, Capek A5 2003, Washburn M5S-SB Jethro Burns 1982, Mid-Mo M-2, Epiphone MM 30 Bk mandolins, Harmony Batwing 1970's, George Bauer bowlback early 1900's Philadelphia.

"Don't cloud the issue with facts!" Groucho Marx

You mentioned early on it was a mando lute. Looks like a beautiful old mandolin to me. Yes I am jealous! Could someone post a pic of a mandolute so I can see the difference. Who need tubes and pedals when you can have that !
    Well done.
    Ratliff R5 2007, Capek A5 2003, Washburn M5S-SB Jethro Burns 1982, Mid-Mo M-2, Epiphone MM 30 Bk mandolins, Harmony Batwing 1970's, George Bauer bowlback early 1900's Philadelphia.

"Don't cloud the issue with facts!" Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gnann View Post
    Well done.
    "Mandolute" was what Weymann called them--kind of like "telecaster." Weymann had a patent on the term, though it's not clearto me what they patented--what was unique. The top and the back overhang the sides a bit, like on a violin No there's nothing really lutey about it