Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIMPLE Editing Software for PC

Default Re: SIMPLE Editing Software for PC

Sherry -- In Windows, use the "Video Editor" program that comes free with the operating system; it's by far the simplest. You can trim the video with that. You can also add text, titles, etc. However, its very limited functionality will not allow you to crop (perform a spatial reduction); it can only trim (perform a temporal reduction). But there are plenty of other kinds of software out there that can accomplish cropping as well as trimming.

I like to use the "VLC Media Player," which is free, and it runs in Windows 10, Mac OS, Android, etc. It plays videos, allows you to change the video format, trim, crop, and more. Get it here: https://www.videolan.org/

2. The following members say thank you to sblock for this post:

Registered User Sherry Cadenhead's Avatar

Actually, Don, I did mean to ask how to crop a video. I just tried the steps you mentioned and right clicking the video didn't give me an "Edit & Create" option.

I do appreciate the photo instructions and will keep them. So, do you know how to crop a video?

4. The following members say thank you to Sherry Cadenhead for this post:

Blog Entries

If by "crop" you're meaning to delete the first and last portions of the video, portions that you don't wish to share with viewers -- sort of just a "trim" clean-up -- then yes...

Bring up the "Photos" program from the Start Menu, click on the video you want to edit to view it, then right click on that video and select "Edit & Create" => Trim.

While in this video "Trim" personality of the Photos editor simply move the white right and left boundary dots toward each other to select the portion of the video you want to keep. Then save the video (under a different video name so you still have the original).

If by "crop" you mean reduce the size of the video frame like a person would crop a photo, that requires a more advanced video editor.
    -- Don

"Music: A minor auditory irritation occasionally characterized as pleasant."
    "It is a lot more fun to make music than it is to argue about it."

2002 Gibson F-9
    2016 MK LFSTB
    1975 Suzuki taterbug (plus many other noisemakers)
    [About how I tune my mandolins]
    [Our recent arrival]

6. The following members say thank you to dhergert for this post:

Sherry, I use a free program called HD Video Converter, by WonderFox Software. It has some annoyances with frequent paid upgrade offers, but it does the job admirably of clipping/trimming, cropping, merging, adjusting color/brightness, changing resolution, and converting file formats. I should probably go ahead and pay for the upgrade

8. The following members say thank you to NDO for this post:

Registered User Sherry Cadenhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mead View Post
    What program on the pc are you using to record the video? I was looking on mine the other day and saw "voice recorder" but nothing apparent for doing video. Thanks
    Video Editor