Thread: Dillion Electric Mandolins

Default Dillion Electric Mandolins

8 or 9 years ago I bought a Dillion electric mandolin. It's solid body, in the shape of a Rickenbacker guitar. While it was pretty cheap (under $400), and I don't play it a lot, it does seem to hold the tuning pretty well when I am playing. I'm just curious if any of you have experience with the Dillion and what your thoughts are (and, as my wife often says, be brutally honest with me; I mean it here). The fingerboard on it is pretty darned playable. Thanks, y'all.
    Old Dog Dave: Do the best you can, as long as you can, and all the rest is gravy.

1918 Gibson A Oval hole
    2004 Gibson F9
    2004 Gibson A9
    Weber Gallatin A
    Bruhn double-point
    The Epiphone MM-30
    Dillion Electric (Rickenbacker style)

Default Re: Dillion Electric Mandolins

You might get more feedback posting in the Electric Mandolin section.

Dillion makes some interesting designs that have tempted me over the years. I think all these off-brands are coming out of a few factories over-seas so the quality is pretty consistent - most of the pieces are in the right places but a good setup is a must and possibly some hardware/electronics upgrades are nice to have.
    VerneAndru.com | oKee.ComX

- ---==< V >==--- -

Default Re: Dillion Electric Mandolins

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru View Post
    You might get more feedback posting in the Electric Mandolin section.

Dillion makes some interesting designs that have tempted me over the years. I think all these off-brands are coming out of a few factories over-seas so the quality is pretty consistent - most of the pieces are in the right places but a good setup is a must and possibly some hardware/electronics upgrades are nice to have.
    Thanks, Verne!! I didn't realize there was actually an Electric Mandolin section here. I'll check it out. As for the Dillion, I was a little surprised at the low price, as it has seemed to be very playable and solid. Other than the resemblance to the Rickenbacker, there are no "bells and whistles" to speak of with it, but that's okay with me. Kind of fun to play.
    Old Dog Dave: Do the best you can, as long as you can, and all the rest is gravy.

1918 Gibson A Oval hole
    2004 Gibson F9
    2004 Gibson A9
    Weber Gallatin A
    Bruhn double-point
    The Epiphone MM-30
    Dillion Electric (Rickenbacker style)