Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apollo Mike Marshall picks

Default Re: Apollo Mike Marshall picks

Anyone else tried these out? I’ve been eagerly awaiting mine but he still must be backed up with orders. His casein picks looks absolutely stunning as well and have heard that they sound great too, but I’m trying hard not to buy one and go down this rabbit hole of expensive picks!

I don't really have any update from what I posted initially. I never thought I'd buy a pick this expensive, and probably expressed that verbally more than once, but just ordered another one.
    2018 Kentucky KM-950, 2017 Ellis A5 Deluxe

I have tried many Apollo picks... including the new MM signature model. They are all great products, but in the end I keep coming back to my "modified" BC TAD 50.

Finally got mine today. This thing is awesome, and definitely my favorite pick on hand at the moment. Great feel in the hand, dark sound as advertised with a lot of volume. Very happy with my purchase on this.

still loving mine after 3 weeks! Maybe some very light scratches to the surface but not enough to notice while playing.
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

Dark for sure...ill keep one to play when trying to keep quiet and unobtrusive as there is that much volume drop off with these....seems more pronounced on a and e strings... Bought two, I will only keep one....as I don't anticipate wearing one out anytime soon...
    John D

Quote Originally Posted by Glassweb View Post
    I have tried many Apollo picks... including the new MM signature model. They are all great products, but in the end I keep coming back to my "modified" BC TAD 50.
    It’s TAD 60 and CT 55 for me. I’m going to give the MM some more playing time before passing final judgement, but so far the Bluechips have been clear winners for me, closely followed by Wegen TF 140…

The Apollo’s are very good picks, just not “the one” for me…
    Chuck

I think I will try a BC sometime but I’ve been exploring other ones for now since I hear Primetones are pretty close to BC. Wegen is my next to try along with another casein (already have and enjoy the Dunlop Thile casein pick).

Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfLizards View Post
    I think I will try a BC sometime but I’ve been exploring other ones for now since I hear Primetones are pretty close to BC. Wegen is my next to try along with another casein (already have and enjoy the Dunlop Thile casein pick).
    I have Blue Chip, Wegen and Primetone picks in pretty close to the same sizes and shapes. BC in 55 and 48 (i.e. 1.4mm and 1.2mm), Wegen in 1.4mm and 1.2mm and Primetone in 1.5mm, 1.4mm and 1.3mm. All but two of them are Large Triangle with the others being a small triangle and a teardrop. All right-hand beveled.

In all honestly, I don't think I'm imagining things when I say at a given thickness there is a noticeable difference in tone between BC, Wegen and Primetone. Even my wife who professes not to hear much detail says they sound different.

So you may be at this a while, is all I'm sayin'...
    The first man who whistled
    thought he had a wren in his mouth.
    He went around all day
    with his lips puckered,
    afraid to swallow.

--"The First" by Wendell Berry

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    It’s TAD 60 and CT 55 for me. I’m going to give the MM some more playing time before passing final judgement, but so far the Bluechips have been clear winners for me, closely followed by Wegen TF 140…

The Apollo’s are very good picks, just not “the one” for me…
    Those are the same two picks I've been relying on for some time for both mando and D-18, something about how they respond is better than everything else I've tried. My new D-18 is adi topped and I'm getting more chirp than I like, thus I've had an order pending for an Apollo MM pick and a casein pick since Sept 21. When they arrive I'll have something to compare.

So went to buy one and online store is temporarily down ;-{

https://www.apollopicks.com/

BUT: has anybody seen/tried the John Reischman signature pick that he mentions on Apollo homepage?
    Kentucky km900
    Yamaha piano, clarinet, violin; generic cello;
    a pedal steel (highly recommended); banjo, dobro don't get played much cause i'm considerate ;}

Shopping/monitoring prices: vibraphone/marimbas, rhodes, synths, Yamaha brass and double reeds

Quote Originally Posted by gtani7 View Post
    So went to buy one and online store is temporarily down ;-{

https://www.apollopicks.com/

BUT: has anybody seen/tried the John Reischman signature pick that he mentions on Apollo homepage?
    Nik opens the store when his order backlog has room for more. He hand makes each pick and the demand has grown pretty high, so the best option is to get on his mailing list or watch his social media for when he opens it up for orders.

The John Reischman pick has not gone on sale yet but will soon, so no one but Nik and John have probably tried it.

13. The following members say thank you to bradeasley for this post:

While I appreciate the dark tone and the weight of the pick (which feels light to me for the thickness), it’s the semi rounded corners that keep sending me back to my CT55