Thread: Found some autographed Bluegrass vinyl at my local store today!

Default Found some autographed Bluegrass vinyl at my local store today!

Just thought I'd share this really cool find at my local music store here in Charleston (Monster Music). All of the Osbourne Brothers band members and also Bill Monroe! What a cool find!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210918_133645.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	873.0 KB 
ID:	196363

Name:	20210918_133711.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	478.9 KB 
ID:	196364

Name:	20210918_133716.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	430.1 KB 
ID:	196365
    Jake B.
    Charleston, SC

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake Biddix For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Found some autographed Bluegrass vinyl at my local store toda

Awesome score-I've found some as well one an early 70's 45 of when my Gramps Big Bill Smith played out in Grass Valley with Glenn Moore and his cousins! I got lucky and found it on evilbay and had to buy it and it was autographed by all the band members-so a very KOOL score indeed! I have a bunch of Gramps old records and many have autographs on the old worn covers! Neat.

I see a Flat and Scruggs album there. Is that autographed too? And how about the actual vinyl records? Are they in playable condition? Great find!
    Ratliff R5 2007, Capek A5 2003, Washburn M5S-SB Jethro Burns 1982, Mid-Mo M-2, Epiphone MM 30 Bk mandolins, Harmony Batwing 1970's, George Bauer bowlback early 1900's Philadelphia.

"Don't cloud the issue with facts!" Groucho Marx

Man, I wish they were! The only signed ones were the Bill Monroe and The Osbourne Brothers. Yeah, the vinyl is playable, been busy this evening, but plan on spinning it tomorrow. I love our local record store. They are a blessing for sure.

That’s awesome! I love Monster Music. I’m glad they made it through the pandemic. I haven’t been there in a minute but I need to stop in next time I’m over that way. Cool score!

Quote Originally Posted by danielpatrick View Post
    That’s awesome! I love Monster Music. I’m glad they made it through the pandemic. I haven’t been there in a minute but I need to stop in next time I’m over that way. Cool score!
    For sure Daniel! They seem to be doing well. I went a few months ago and it was a little weird having to wear gloves when you looked at the albums and all, but it's pretty much back to normal now. Sam Bush signed their ceiling there! I guess the owner has artists that are coming through sign a part of their partitioned ceiling panels.

I always wanted to open a instrument store / lessons store right beside it. Seems like the perfect place to open one. Shoot man, bring your mandolin when you come in to West Ashley and we'll pick a few!
    Jake B.
    Charleston, SC

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Very cool find! Wish we had pix of the look on your face when you saw these in the bin.

I've had similar encounters - not bluegrass, and not in stores, but yard sales. Most of the time these have been CDs of local artists, who sell CDs at their shows to tourists wanting some sort of souvenir of the good time they had here, and it's not uncommon for the artist to sign them. I'm not sure what it would take for someone to sell something so personalized, especially for the typical selling price at a yard sale (figure a buck or less). The most amazing find was Lone Justice's first LP signed by Maria McKee. For 50¢! I'll bet not too many people here know who they were, but they were a great 80s country rock band from LA, and she was an amazingly talented singer, with a remarkably emotive voice, able to belt it out or draw you in, as the song needed. The other half of that dollar went to an LP of "Sgt Pepper" - with the moustache insert still inside! That was a good day of yard-saling.
    Last edited by journeybear; Sep-19-2021 at 10:34pm. Reason: neatness counts
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Like JB mentioned back in the day (and I guess it's still true today) one of the cool things about seeing these groups live was the chance to buy an album and, if you were patient and polite, they'd chat a few moments and sign the cover. My favorite in my collection is the original Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver album "Rock my Soul" signed by Doyle, Terry Baucom, Jimmy Haley, and Lou Reid. They did that material at the Berkshire Mtn. Bluegrass Festival on a Sunday morning many years ago and I just had to buy the record!
    Ratliff R5 2007, Capek A5 2003, Washburn M5S-SB Jethro Burns 1982, Mid-Mo M-2, Epiphone MM 30 Bk mandolins, Harmony Batwing 1970's, George Bauer bowlback early 1900's Philadelphia.

"Don't cloud the issue with facts!" Groucho Marx