Thread: New TG Day -- Tieri

Default New TG Day -- Tieri

What goes around ... this TG is the same as linked by mrmando in a 2014 post: http://www.vintageinstruments.com/tenors.html and which Lowell Levinger has in his "Tieri Museum Page".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9518.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	470.8 KB 
ID:	196386 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9521.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	558.4 KB 
ID:	196387

I purchased this from Bernunzio's in Rochester for quite a bit less than the listing above. Being purely (ummm ... impurely) a mandolin player, I'm new to TG land. This is tuned CGDA and sounds wonderful to my inexpert ears. The mando-narrow neck is perfect for me but it will take a bit to accustom myself to what will have to be a different way of fingering. I have a couple of tenor banjo books by Benjamin Taylor for scales and chords which I hope will help transition my muscle memory ...

So, there it is! Just wanted to share my joy!

2. The following members say thank you to Joe Bartl for this post:

Default Re: New TG Day -- Tieri

Congratulations, that looks like a great acquisition! I'm intrigued by the pinless bridge--do you know if it's original?

Default Re: New TG Day -- Tieri

Ben, My luthier couldn't tell if it was original. It is actually a bridge for six strings (the extra two holes are filled) which, with a couple other vague oddities, may mean that the body actually started life as a guitar ... or was originally intended as a guitar body and then changed halfway through production? I sure can't say.

Joe