Thread: Has anyone ordered one of the Synergy Carbon Fiber mandolins?

Default Has anyone ordered one of the Synergy Carbon Fiber mandolins?

I ordered one about 2 weeks ago. It says 6 to 8 weeks build time on their site and then with shipping from Canada to AZ I'm guessing maybe the end of November I'll be seeing it? I'm pretty excited to be getting a carbon fiber mandolin that I won't have to worry about and can leave out all the time and travel with without worries. I'm hoping it sounds good and figure it should as it seems like they've taken a while to build a mandolin for retail.

Default Re: Has anyone ordered one of the Synergy Carbon Fiber mandolins?

I was tempted for sure! But life got a bit in the way. Keep us posted!

Would be nice if they had a demo on there web site. I called them a couple months ago and couldn’t secure a sound file. Hard to place an order without ever hearing one.

Blog Entries

My brother has one of there guitars and love’s it. He felt because I live part time on a sailboat on Vancouver island I should have a Synergy mandolin. After spending a week with us on the island as a gift he has ordered one for me. I should have it by Christmas! Everyone could use a little brother this generous. Thank you Stephen. I will let you know how I like it.

That's sure nice of your brother Rick! They have a tele like carbon fiber that looks pretty cool, I wonder which guitar your brother has?

I was emailing back and forth with Synergy for a few months waiting for them to put the mandolin on their site for sale, then trying to find more info, and hoping they'd put some sound files on the site. But I just decided that they were so good at answering all my questions very quickly and listening to some sound files from their guitars and ukes that I was just going to go ahead and order one. I'm not too sure you can really tell a whole lot from sound files all the time anyway so I just went with trusting the back and forth correspondence I'd had. We'll see in a couple of months, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Did you by chance ask them for (or about) a strap button on the neck heel? I didn't see that covered at their site.

Certainly looks like a nice axe - I hope it sounds as great as it looks. Very tempting.

Alfons, I did ask them about putting an extra strap button on because in the description it says it comes with one strap button. They said that actually it will have 2 strap buttons on it they just haven't updated the site to show that. Just in case I put it in my notes to them too when I ordered the mandolin.

8. The following members say thank you to Deblues for this post:

Alfons 

Well it has now been 3 months since I've ordered my mandolin and I've not received it. I have emailed several times <content removed. violates forum posting guidelines>.

From the posting guidelines:

- Grievances, personal and corporate: The Cafe discussion forum is intended to be a nurturing community. While it is fair game discussing vendor corporate policies, public malevolent harassment of individuals, including posting names, email address, or any other personal contact information will not be tolerated. For example, a concern about a manufacturer's warranty policy or a reseller's return policy is permissible. Using the forum to malign or leverage personal advantage in a conflict is strictly forbidden. Though intent or motivation are not always provable, the moderators reserve full right in deeming whether or not comments made are consistent with policy, and may take action to edit, delete, or when necessary, revoke posting privileges.

Blog Entries

If the world was able to hand out nickels for every mandolin that was a few weeks late or every builder that didn't answer an inquiry, a lot of people would be wealthy. As stated in our posting guidelines, please exercise due diligence before accusing a business of fraudulent activity when it's not known if that's the case. I've already sent information to you regarding contacting them. This discussion is now closed and we will not be expecting another in its place.