Thread: Anderson (?) 5-string

Default Anderson (?) 5-string

The only clue to the identity of this seems to be the name "Anderson" under the electronics plate.

Seems to be carved from a single block of mahogany, which is cool, but it's been kicked around some.

https://reverb.com/item/45457354-unk...ctric-mandolin
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Default Re: Anderson (?) 5-string

I kinda doubt by the look of the scroll the "Anderson" is "Steven"

Not only kicked around but looks like it's scored a few goals and been tackled a few times.
    -----------
    Pete Martin
    www.PeteMartin.info
    Jazz and Bluegrass instruction books, videos, articles, transcriptions, improvisation, ergonomics, free recordings, private lessons

www.WoodAndStringsBand.com
    Jazz trio

www.AppleValleyWranglers.net
    Western Swing music

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin View Post
    I kinda doubt by the look of the scroll the "Anderson" is "Steven"
    Or Gerald for that matter.
    Not only kicked around but looks like it's scored a few goals and been tackled a few times.
    The perfect mandolin for a rugby player.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Bought this at a Goodwill auction. Seems to be handmade potato bug style. Lengthy cracks along the back of the neck, but the necks seems stable. Holds a tune. Bartoloni Pickup sounds good. Strange wiring. Tone knob works as it should. Volume knob has some sort of high pass filters on it, but doesn’t actually lower the volume. Doesn’t seem to have a lug actually grounded. Volume pot has a code that seems to put it in the mid Seventies. Tone pot says Dimarzio. Crack where the hole for the bridge post is, again, appears stable. Seems to have real pearl dots. No international shipping. Message with questions. As is. Thanks .
    Huh? "Seems to be handmade potato bug style."
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1