Thread: Dunlop Signature FLOW picks

Default Dunlop Signature FLOW picks

Because we need another pick discussion.

I've used the Jazztone 208 picks for a while before trying many, many other picks (BlueChip, Wegen, Hawk, Gravity, Primetones, FLOW, Clayton, Fender, etc...). While all were great picks, I never really found a pick I liked as much as the 208. The reason I wanted to find another pick to use was because I needed a pick that gave me a bit more volume with clear highs and nice overtones. I've known about the Andy James and John Petrucci FLOW picks for a while but never really considered trying them since both of these musicians are known for their guitar shredding style, so I didn't think these picks would work well on a mandolin.

Boy was I wrong.

The JP pick has the same dimensions as the regular 2 mm FLOW pick and is made of ultex, but I felt it gave a somewhat fuller sound. However, the AJ pick has the exact same dimensions as the Jazztone 208 and is also made of ultex. The AJ pick was exactly what I was looking for. I think of it as a Jazztone 208 with more punch and clarity. I can do single note lines, chords, strumming, cross picking, pretty much the whole spectrum of what I can normally do with this pick and I really like how my mandolin sounds.

I just though I would share this in case there are other Jazztone/FLOW fans who might be interested in trying out these picks. I am also curious to see if other cafe members tried them and what their impressions are.

Cheers

Default Re: Dunlop Signature FLOW picks

I like the FLOW, but I’d really like it a 346 size.
    Not all the clams are at the beach

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A