Thread: NEW! - Weekly Folk Music Lessons / Sessions in Key West

Old and in the way

Default NEW! - Weekly Folk Music Lessons / Sessions in Key West

A warm welcome is extended to all Florida Keys locals and visitors who enjoy playing music together. It's a long way down to the end of the road in Key West, but if you happen to be in the area stop by for some good music.

Come and learn two Irish jigs and two Old Time fiddle tunes. Our hosts Rachel and Jeff will be there to guide participants through learning and playing these tunes. We will also go 'round the circle so you can share your favorites tunes and songs with others. Go to www.FolkKeyWest.org , or see us on FaceBook at Folk Key West.

2. The following members say thank you to KeyWestJeff for this post:

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: NEW! - Weekly Folk Music Lessons / Sessions in Key West

Oh no! OMG no! Other members from Key West?!? And what's worse, who play Irish music (and sea chanties)?!?!? And even worse, who know me?!?!?!?!? It's all over! My cover is blown! It's the end of the world, at the end of the road!

OK, I'll be all right. Welcome aboard, matey. And you're actually not the only member with a Key West connection. Dave Reiner and his talented son Andy usually come down here for a couple of weeks around Christmas time, as his mom lives here. We've gotten together for some picking now and then. Missed a year because of The Plague, and haven't heard yet about this year. Plus Rachel knows him, having attended Fiddle Hell up in MA. So it's already connected and should have been expected.

Welcome to the Café!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Old and in the way

Default Re: NEW! - Weekly Folk Music Lessons / Sessions in Key West

Not to worry, your secret identify is safe with me. :-)

5. The following members say thank you to KeyWestJeff for this post: