Thread: Classifieds keyword filter (feature request)

Question Classifieds keyword filter (feature request)

Just wondering how hard it would be to add a restriction on the keyword search to limit it to the ad title, vs. the default of searching the entire ad. Just asking because if I search for "northfield" these days I get mostly Eastwood mandolins, since their address is in Northfield, IL!
    2018 Kentucky KM-950, 2017 Ellis A5 Deluxe

Blog Entries

Default Re: Classifieds keyword filter (feature request)

Quote Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
    Just wondering how hard it would be to add a restriction on the keyword search to limit it to the ad title, vs. the default of searching the entire ad. Just asking because if I search for "northfield" these days I get mostly Eastwood mandolins, since their address is in Northfield, IL!
    You can achieve this easily by simply using the default search field. If it's removed from the Advanced search then someone wanting to search by location would be unable to do so. There are really not so many Northfields listed that this should be an issue when it can be easily achieved by using the default search.

Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  149.6 KB

Default Re: Classifieds keyword filter (feature request)

Just to clarify, I didn't want the "advanced, default" search to be limited to just the title, but (e.g.) add another item to the dropdown that includes stuff like "case sensitive" so I wouldn't have to visually scroll past the cases, hats, capos, t-shirts, etc. But, thanks for the reply!
    2018 Kentucky KM-950, 2017 Ellis A5 Deluxe