Thread: Searching for Pricetone Owners

Default Searching for Pricetone Owners

I recently purchased a Pricetone mandolin, #0059 built in June of 2004. I am so impressed with the quality and sound of this instrument. Would like to hear from other Pricetone owners regarding your experience playing these mandolins and get an idea of how many of Mr. Price’s instruments are still out there being played. Or possibly guitars.

Default Re: Searching for Pricetone Owners

Quote Originally Posted by MLWolfe View Post
    I recently purchased a Pricetone mandolin, #0059 built in June of 2004. I am so impressed with the quality and sound of this instrument. Would like to hear from other Pricetone owners regarding your experience playing these mandolins and get an idea of how many of Mr. Price’s instruments are still out there being played. Or possibly guitars.
    Sorry for the late reply. I own #53, August 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. I own #53, August 2003.
    Jay, hate I missed this, I didn't get a notification. Thanks for following up. I guess I'm pretty impressed with my Pricetone 59 since was just able to also purchase #68 built in August 2005. It has a couple of strange details though that I haven't seen on any of his other builds. You can see from the photo that it doesn't have the extended fretboard, the tail piece is different than usual and the cover plate is engraved with "Price". I verified that the inside is dated and signed by Mr. Price. I'm wondering if this might be one that he built for himself and then let someone talk him out of it. Either way, very pleased to get this second one. Hope you are enjoying yours as well. How long have you owned it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	559.4 KB 
ID:	201020  
    Lynn Wolfe
    Brandon, MS

Lynn,

So, I've been the proud owner of #68 for about a year. I love it. Curious why you parted with her.