Thread: Euan Cattanach

nigelgatherer

Default Euan Cattanach

I've just heard that my old session mate Euan Cattanach has died suddenly. I first met him many years ago when I bought a mandolin he'd made. He was a good age, but over the past few years his banjos were gaining popularity, and I believe Bully Connolly has one. He had loads of orders but, alas, he's now in his perfect workshop in the sky. Bye, Ewan, and thanks for the memories.

Default Re: Euan Cattanach

Ah, so very sorry to hear this - I always enjoyed when he'd post photos of the banjos he was building on Facebook. May he Rest in Peace.
    2018 Girouard Concert oval A
    2015 JP "Whitechapel" tenor banjo
    2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

Yes, sad to hear. By a strange coincidence, I was watching one of my favourite fiddlers Pete Clark playing his mandolin the other day and he said it was made by Euan. I remember the TV program from a few years ago where Billy Connolly visited Euan in his workshop and went away with a banjo. I had not heard of Euan at the time, but remember his workshop had several mandolins in it.

Regards,

Sad news, Nigel. I remember that television programme where Billy acquired Euan's banjo. Another loss to the world of music.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

Quote Originally Posted by mandrian View Post
    Yes, sad to hear. By a strange coincidence, I was watching one of my favourite fiddlers Pete Clark playing his mandolin the other day and he said it was made by Euan. I remember the TV program from a few years ago where Billy Connolly visited Euan in his workshop and went away with a banjo. I had not heard of Euan at the time, but remember his workshop had several mandolins in it.

Regards,
    Billy never left with a banjo when he visited Euan ,he was sent a banjo at a later date to Florida,i know as im the owner of the banjo that billy played when he visited .
    Regards
    Dave Muir
    Cupar