Thread: Marty Stuart and Steve Miller Band

Default Marty Stuart and Steve Miller Band

This is an older video, I just happened upon it and thought it was cool. Two of my favorites together.
    Marty and Kenny Vaughan laying down some impressive licks on mandolin and guitar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXL2p92-po

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to addamr For This Useful Post:

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Marty Stuart and Steve Miller Band

Well, that Kenny ... he IS fabulous AND superlative. I've been a fan for a long time, coming up to 25 years. I first saw him backing up Kim Richey. I made a note of his name. The next year he was touring in Lucinda Williams' band. Got to see him something like a couple dozen times in that context. He and John Pettibone trading licks on extended jams ... man, those were thrill rides! His work in Marty's band lends a bit of gravitas as well as rock 'n' roll punch to the proceedings. And Marty's no slouch, either.

He told me sometime back then that he started out in punk bands around Denver. That background helps him add some grit to what he's doing these days, I reckon. He's come a long way, and is still going strong. Thanks for sharing.

Here's another from the same tour (I guess). More acoustically oriented. Good stuff!

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to journeybear For This Useful Post:

We saw and heard Marty and the FS on Nov. 12th and they put on a great show (of course) here in Clearwater. All wonderful showmen and their sound is perfect. Everything is clear and balanced and just shines imho.

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

The show I wanted to attend was three years ago, the 50th Anniversary Tour of The Byrds' "Sweetheart Of The Rodeo," a collaboration of remaining Byrds alumni and MS & HFS. They didn't come close enough, but oh, how I wished! (Well, they did, but it was a five-hour drive and I had to work the next day.)
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!