Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desk clamp hanger?

Default Re: Desk clamp hanger?

RE; M19s post- The clamp hanger above is designed for use on a mic stand or similar. I think you can rotate the clamp jaws through 90 degrees so that it can be clamped on a table top. I have one, somewhere. Must dig it out and give it a try.

the one shown in #22 is what I referred to in my post #21..

Brand name depended on Importer branding , not exporting producer they bought from ...
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Quote Originally Posted by mdowlin View Post
    RE; M19s post- The clamp hanger above is designed for use on a mic stand or similar. I think you can rotate the clamp jaws through 90 degrees so that it can be clamped on a table top. I have one, somewhere. Must dig it out and give it a try.
    You are correct. The clamp can be rotated, and it will clamp to a solid horizontal shelf or table top edge. The screw knob tightens down effectively for a secure place to hang your mandolin.

Quote Originally Posted by j-hill View Post
    I had wanted something like this, too. The Hercules Ukulele Clamp (Model USP20CB) works great. It's very sturdy to the desk and on the mandolin.
    http://herculesstands.com/us/product...lamps/usp20cb/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0682.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	703.7 KB 
ID:	197787
    I just bought the Hercules Ukulele Clamp for my mandolins on your recommendation and it's excellent. I wanted something I could use in the pub for securing a mandolin and this works well. (This is a 5 course Shippey Mandolin, a UK luthier) I like that you can secure an instrument to a pub table or to a microphone stand. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4106.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	463.6 KB 
ID:	207169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4107.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	781.3 KB 
ID:	207171

5. The following members say thank you to KenD for this post: