Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

Playing on the porch

Default Re: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

I'm glad Journey Bear asked about your 1959 husband. My wife and I both enjoyed seeing him on your past list of acquisitions. Let Fred know that we noticed...
    ---
    2021 Ellis F5 Special #564 mandolin
    1928 Roth violin
    2016 Eastman MD515 mandolin
    1907 Foltz violin

Every day is a gift. Sheila Lagrand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    Thanks. I just have an unreformed former editor's eye for detail, when it comes to the written word.

I've long thought it was very charming, your list of anthropomorphized instruments. Good for a chuckle now and then. Including hubby was a nice fit with the humor. When I saw he was no longer named, I was a bit concerned. I wondered whether you had offloaded him, how much you got in trade for him, things like that. I imagine the trade-in value on vintage SO's is considerably less than that for vintage mandolins. Glad to learn my concern was not warranted.
    I have restored my vintage spouse to the list. I didn't know that his absence had been noted. Were he to no longer be here with me, I'm sure I would be such a blubbering mess that you could hear me all the way over in Florida. I still edit now and again, though I think of my eye as unrepentant than unreformed. But please don't tell my clients that.

I'm also relieved to know you don't find my little list obnoxious. I bet some folks do. Oh, well.
    Phoebe, my 2021 Collings MT mandolin
    Dolly, my 2021 Ibanez M522 mandolin
    Louise, my 193x SS Maxwell mandolin
    Fiona, My 2021 GSM guitar-bodied octave resonator mandolin
    Charlotte, my 2016 Eastman MDO 305 octave mandolin
    And Giuliana, my 2002 Hans Schuster 505 violin, Nehenehe, my 2021 Aklot concert ukulele,
    Annie, my 2022 Guild M-140 guitar, Joni, my 1963 Harmony 1215 Archtone archtop guitar,
    Yoko, my ca. 1963 Yamaha Dynamic No.15 guitar, and Rich, my 1959 husband.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sheila Lagrand For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GMorgan View Post
    I'm glad Journey Bear asked about your 1959 husband. My wife and I both enjoyed seeing him on your past list of acquisitions. Let Fred know that we noticed...
    Fred?

I've added my husband back to the list.
    And Giuliana, my 2002 Hans Schuster 505 violin, Nehenehe, my 2021 Aklot concert ukulele,
    Annie, my 2022 Guild M-140 guitar, Joni, my 1963 Harmony 1215 Archtone archtop guitar,

I have heard there is an SO Restoration Center in town and I am afraid that my wife will make an appointment for me or else trade me in for a newer one. As for naming my instruments, I have enough trouble remembering my own name and probably couldn’t remember a list as long as yours.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Playing on the porch

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Lagrand View Post
    Fred?

I've added my husband back to the list.
    Yikes! Where did I come up with Fred? I knew the date as I have younger family members born that year. I knew your husband had a four-letter name, but Fred? I'll go back and play my mandolin on the porch. Supposed to be nice weather tday. We, too, enjoy your named instruments.
    ---
    2021 Ellis F5 Special #564 mandolin
    1928 Roth violin
    2016 Eastman MD515 mandolin
    1907 Foltz violin

7. The following members say thank you to GMorgan for this post:

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Lagrand View Post
    I still edit now and again, though I think of my eye as unrepentant than unreformed. But please don't tell my clients that.
    Unrepentant, unreformed, unremitting - all that and more! I didn't know much about all that when I started, so I learned, I trained myself, and that training stuck. I can't help myself. I often say I'll take a dedicated amateur over an indifferent professional any day - and that's me (the former). And I expect no less from others, however often disappointed. I don't see why people don't take a little time to go over their posts (not just here, everywhere) to make sure they say what is meant and in good form. I sure do. I get compliments about my posts, and that's why. You think my posts here get long? You should see the rough drafts!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

9. The following members say thank you to journeybear for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber View Post
    As for naming my instruments, I have enough trouble remembering my own name and probably couldn’t remember a list as long as yours.
    Why do you suppose I keep that list of names handy here in my Mandolin Cafe signature?

11. The following members say thank you to Sheila Lagrand for this post: