Thread: David Mold Videos on YouTube

Default David Mold Videos on YouTube

Hi,

Not seen any mention on the Cafe yet of Cafe member Old Sausage (David Mold) and his newly posted videos on YouTube. He has posted four in the last few weeks and they are all excellent. A lovely combination of great playing, great tunes and great presentation and the usual humour.

Check them out, they’re works of art.

Regards,

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mandrian For This Useful Post:

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: David Mold Videos on YouTube

I'm of two minds about this. Perhaps the reason there's been no mention is that it's up to Old Sausage to announce their existence, or not, and he has his reasons for not mentioning them, whatever they may be. And that's completely up to him, being it's his business, no one else's. So I have to question whether it's an invasion of his privacy posting about them. It's a bit late now; the cat's out of the bag.

On the other hand, they are fun, charming, and very enjoyable. It's nice to be able to praise members for producing fine work. But you didn't post a link.
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

4. The following members say thank you to journeybear for this post:

Wait….someone posts a bunch of great videos on YOUTUBE, and wants to keep them private? Really? Apparently YouTube wants them to be public, since David’s videos show up on my YT screen while I’m watching other videos.

6. The following members say thank you to Mike Buesseler for this post:

Blog Entries

Missing my point. Posting on youtube and posting here, two different things. F'rinstance, I don't post everything I post on youtube here as well. Do you? Does anybody? If he wanted to announce them here, he's perfectly capable of doing so. It's his call.

That said, it's done. So might as well make things easier for members.

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

Well, maybe it doesn't matter anymore. He seems to have left the building. Just ... gone. Wonder why?

On the other hand, they are fun, charming, and very enjoyable. It's nice to be able to praise members for producing fine work. But you didn't post a link. [/QUOTE]

One of my pet peeves is when someone, i.e. the OP, posts something like this and does not include a link. I think it is just common courtesy.
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

10. The following members say thank you to Charles E. for this post:

A big thanks to mandrain for the kindness and respect to a fellow Cafe member that's not often seen. Maybe, just maybe, David did not post his new vids here is because, he did. In the SAW group. So here's a few for your enjoyment.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frankdolin For This Useful Post:

David is a regular poster over on the SAW Group and has been posting again there recently after some time away from the group. His videos, as Frank has pointed out, are there for our pleasure and certainly well worth a look and listen.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

Blog Entries

Well, I'm not so cocksure of myself as to believe I don't make mistakes - albeit it's seldom - and am willing to admit when I'm wrong. David Mold has not shuffled off to Buffalo - I misspelled his handle in my search. It's "OldSausage," not "Old Sausage." I'm not sure why my searching proved fruitless, perhaps I didn't search hard enough, I dunno. At any rate, he is still a member, is still active, and is even online as I write this. The report of his demise was exaggerated. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

I still don't think it's right to post somebody's work when he is so clearly capable of doing so himself if he so wishes - and it seems he did not. The decision of what to do with one's work should be up to the creator. But that's just my opinion; I could be wrong. I think not, but then, I learned a looong time ago that not everyone sees things the way I do. I understand it's not easy being so brilliant; it's an awesome responsibility, one not to be taken lightly, not for everybody. Even so, as I said above, I'm fine with people being praised for their work.

I know, I sound conflicted. I did lead with "I'm of two minds about this."

Love the vids David, pleasurable and enjoyable listening experience too. And thanks Mandrian for the heads-up.

Where did Bob learn that strange accent?