Thread: Testing new YOUTUBESTART coding

Blog Entries

Default Testing new YOUTUBESTART coding

Someone, long ago, requested the option to start a YouTube video at a set amount of time in seconds. This is the official test of updated coding since that's what we've been working on of late seems. BB Coding remains same but the raw HTML it writes has been updated. So, really, nothing to see here. This is a video started at 90 seconds in. BB Code here.

Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Dec-27-2021 at 2:58pm.

Default Re: Testing new YOUTUBESTART coding

You've probably already figured this out, but it would be better if you didn't have controls=0 in the code after the question mark, since that makes it impossible to control or rewind the video. The start time setting will still work without it.

I know this is probably unwelcome and asking too much, but it would also be awesome if you guys made the Youtube player the correct aspect ratio (16:9) for a YouTube video.

Thanks for the great work you have done on this issue.

Sweet! Nice work, many thanks.

I’m guessing (remove*) that [*YOUTUBESTART=5]PwbWgpbs8vQ[/YOUTUBESTART] isn’t going to remove the incredibly irritating 5 second Google advert at the beginning of each vid.
    There was one suffix that included something like ‘NoPop-up’ which worked for a while.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldSausage View Post
    You've probably already figured this out, but it would be better if you didn't have controls=0 in the code after the question mark, since that makes it impossible to control or rewind the video. The start time setting will still work without it.

I know this is probably unwelcome and asking too much, but it would also be awesome if you guys made the Youtube player the correct aspect ratio (16:9) for a YouTube video.

Thanks for the great work you have done on this issue.
    Opinion on which works best? Suggestions from YouTube support below. I'd think most of those are too large. 426 x 240 seems small in comparison but similar to what it has always been. I'd always accepted the default width="420" height="315" provided by the software but wouldn't have to be that way.

For the default 16:9 aspect ratio, encode at these resolutions:

2160p: 3840x2160.
    1440p: 2560x1440.
    1080p: 1920x1080.
    720p: 1280x720.
    480p: 854x480.
    360p: 640x360.
    240p: 426x240.

Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Dec-28-2021 at 2:54pm.

That 640 x 360 size you have there works really well on most devices...