Thread: Hamlett and Rubners

Blog Entries

Default Hamlett and Rubners

Hi Everyone,

Just a feel good post here about a positive experience I recently had with John Hamlett and Rubner tuners.

John is the mighty builder of the two-point mandolin with which I am having a torrid love affair. It’s awesome. I love it. Every day with it is a blessing.

We went with Rubner tuners over Waverlys and I’m really happy with the choice as well as John’s guidance regarding the two brands. The Rubners have been fantastic. Recently, a few knobs got a little wobbly. I tightened some screws, etc. but it made a nominal difference.

John had lots to share (surprise, lol) about what to check and what may be causing the wobbles, and he eventually recommended I contact Rubner to see what they thought. The fellow at Rubner was great. He asked me to send in a picture and they’d likely send me a new set.

So… it’s another A+ for John and super kudos to Rubner for the commitment to customer service.

Happy new year!

2. The following members say thank you to Kevin Briggs for this post:

Default Re: Hamlett and Rubners

Always good to hear of such great service, especially in the current climate.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

My first set of Rubner's got wobbly knobs, they sent me a new set of tuners and have been fine for years now. Great customer service, and stand behind their product.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Yea, John is just first class.

Happy New Year all!
    I haven't played a mandolin with Rubners however the 3 Oscar Teller classical guitars I have owned had them and they are superior to waverlys,Gotohs and on a par with good Schallers. So I say enjoy your mandolin and the tuners will serve you for many years. BTW, Rubner has a great website in English( and other languages) and has parts and things like different buttons. Etc. Enjoy! Regards, Jan 🎸