Thread: check out the mandolin player in this video

Default check out the mandolin player in this video

some of you may know who it is-i don't.
    he's out of the way but is right there to fill those special notes. course the whole crew is world class so it goes without saying i suppose.

mandolin appears plugged in with two knobs on soundboard around 3:34. have no idea how old the video is but this is below the video:
    Library of Congress Gershwin prize for popular song 2007

enjoy the video, its good

2. The following members say thank you to darylcrisp for this post:

Ranald 

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: check out the mandolin player in this video

Yes, the first annual Gershwin Prize for Popular Song went to Paul Simon, in 2007.

There's an entry for the video release at imdb, which lists a bunch of musicians, but no mandolin credit. Someone may recognize his name. There's a glowing summary there:

In May of 2007 the Library of Congress gathered an unprecedented group of musicians together in Washington, D.C., to honor Paul Simon as the first recipient of the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song. Alison Krauss, Stevie Wonder, Lyle Lovett, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Marc Anthony, Art Garfunkel and a host of others joined Paul onstage in a multicultural tribute to the music of a great American artist and a great American art form. This gala event, called "the greatest night of popular music ever presented in our nation's capital," was beautifully filmed and captured with stunning 5.1 Surround Sound for a truly pure concert experience.

Hmmm ...could be Mark Stewart. He's played on three of Paul Simon's albums, and he's listed in the credits at imdb. Photos look like him.
    Last edited by journeybear; Jan-12-2022 at 12:23am. Reason: further research
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to journeybear For This Useful Post: