Thread: trouble with classified replies

Default trouble with classified replies

Today I got a reply to ad #181616; when I tried to send a return email to the prospective buyer, I got an error message back "550 blocked".
    I'm not very computer-savvy, so I'm not sure what this means or how to correct the problem.
    One of the possibilities is that my return is being blocked as spam, I think.
    Can anyone suggest a way to fix this?

Thanks - Peter Craig

Blog Entries

Default Re: trouble with classified replies

I'll send you a PM in response to this with questions. Once you have the reply and are having issues replying that suggests problems we don't control but I suppose anything is possible. I'll see if I can get Dan to look at this.

Removing some of the content here as it has private information which shouldn't be made public.

The issue seems to be that the individual replying to you entered their email address incorrectly so it's being rejected because there's no user by that name. I sent you a reply and you should enter the individuals email address correctly to resolve this.

--your friendly Cafe admin
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Jan-16-2022 at 6:38pm. Reason: private information that should not be displayed here removed.

Many thanks, Scott. Likely is the problem.

Best regards - bgpete

That was indeed the problem. Thanks again.

- bgpete

Wow! Scott was really on top of that. I don't know of any other forum that has such excellent management and support. I think mandolin café is truly a unique site!

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

1925 Lyon & Healy Model A, #1674
    2015 Collings A (MT2-V)