Thread: Bluegrass Now on PBS

Default Bluegrass Now on PBS

PSA - tomorrow (Thursday 1/27) Bluegrass Now will be on PBS.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandobart For This Useful Post:

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bluegrass Now on PBS

I'm not so sure about this. It says "Posted February 27, 2020." And in the text, there's "The official premiere is scheduled for Saturday, February 29, at 7:00 p.m." Those 2/29s come around but once every four years. But as I always say about PBS: check your local listings. Maybe you're getting a rebroadcast in your area. Check zap2it.com
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

4. The following members say thank you to journeybear for this post:

I was watching PBS last night (1/26/22) and saw the trailer for the show tonight (1/27/22) several times.

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

That's fine. Good for you. But this is why I always include a disclaimer when publishing a notice about an upcoming show. Something like "one of my local PBS stations is running the Joe Blow from Kokomo Show, dontcha know." And that's why I always say check your local listings. PBS is not CBS. Different stations do not necessarily air the same programming.* Especially when it comes to rebroadcasts. Miami has two PBS stations - yes, ain't I lucky - and their programming varies wildly. For instance, they both air Austin City Limits, but one runs an episode a week later than the other. (Which is great, in case I miss a show on the first one.) So I just want to make that clear, so no one gets their hopes up. I mean, neither of my stations is running this, which is too bad, because it looks really good. And also, the link you posted was from the original broadcast, which, while it did list all the songs and performers - very helpful - it made me wonder what was going on.

We now return you to your regular programming, already in progress.

*Same with major networks sometimes. My local ABC affiliate bumps Jeopardy in favor of a locally-produced Dolphins show whenever they're on Monday Night Football. Jeopardy! There oughta be a law. (Actually there is, or a company policy, which allows them to do this.)
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!