Thread: Historical info on a Weber Big Horn, D hole, 2 point #5176008

Default Historical info on a Weber Big Horn, D hole, 2 point #5176008

I he just aquired the above mandolin and "is it something"! Wow! Now I want to know all I can about it, can you give any info on it? Thank you,

Default Re: Historical info on a Weber Big Horn, D hole, 2 point #5176008

Is it the one that TMS had this last week or so, lots of flame on the back,neck, dark brown beautiful finish, tiny separation on the top under the fingerboard extension?

If so, it did have a very nice tone.

I don't have any info for you on it though.

You need to post some pictures, let us see this diamond.
    d

Call the guy who built it. His number is on the Montana Lutherie website. I’m quite certain he would tell you anything you’d want to know about it.

4. The following members say thank you to Mike Buesseler for this post:

According to the serial number, it was completed in August of 2005.
    still trying to turn dreams into memories

If hypothetical you were to receive this mandolin, advertised as excellent condition, and you discovered the separation, would it be fair of TMS to still charge you a 5% restocking fee? Because that happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Van-van View Post
    If hypothetical you were to receive this mandolin, advertised as excellent condition, and you discovered the separation, would it be fair of TMS to still charge you a 5% restocking fee? Because that happened to me.
    The very slight separation was mentioned in the store video, and showed "up close"in a picture of the mandolin. No funny business has happened with regards to the mandolin that I described, which may not even be the OP mandolin.
    I described that particular fact to see if it was the very good sounding mandolin I saw a day earlier in video but was quickly scooped up by some lucky individual.
    I had planned to buy it but it was already gone.
    d

Less anyone be confused, TMS has been, and I fully expect them to continue being, an outstanding source for great instruments. Hey, I love the mandolin and am looking to know all I can about it, where it has been who owned it, etc. As far as the seperation is concerned, it was fully disclosed and in actuallity amounts to nothing. You actually have to look really close to even see it. This mandolin is a great example of Weber's outstanding mandolins.

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. Bryant View Post
    Less anyone be confused, TMS has been, and I fully expect them to continue being, an outstanding source for great instruments. Hey, I love the mandolin and am looking to know all I can about it, where it has been who owned it, etc. As far as the seperation is concerned, it was fully disclosed and in actuallity amounts to nothing. You actually have to look really close to even see it. This mandolin is a great example of Weber's outstanding mandolins.
    Ah man, you did get that one. It looked and sounded great in the video.
    I was headed to buy that the next morning.
    d

I’m just annoyed I had a valid reason to return and was charged a restocking fee, even after discussing over the phone “no money out of pocket.” The video available when I test rode had no separation; as far as I am concerned it happened during shipment, which seems a shipping insurance issue.

I'm sorry Van-Van, but I've missed something. Are you talking about this mandolin or another? Did you have this one and wanted to return? I'm confused.

Yes, this one. It was probably damaged enroute to me. That’s some of the history of this mandolin.

Okay, now I understand. Well, i'm sorry but your mishap is my blessing. I reached out to TMS wanting some history and they said it had come from CA, from a man that also had a mandola. Is that you? Do you live in CA?

My history of the mandoin, so far, is that it was bought my a dealer in OK in 2005 and stayed there until 2020, when it was sold to an individual in WI. I don't know when it changed hands from there. thanks J.C. Bryant

I don’t really think of it as an unfortunate mishap, maybe an unfortunate misunderstanding that The Mandolin Store has a policy of charging customers to restock a mandolin that didn’t arrive in advertised condition.