Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andrew and Emily of Watchhouse Band hit by car in crosswalk

Default Re: Andrew and Emily of Watchhouse Band hit by car in crosswalk

There’s got to at least be a song in this story
    "All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain

Eastman MD615SB
    Martin D35
    Gibson SG

Gummy Bears and Scotch BrianWilliam's Avatar

Great news, wishing a speedy recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
    avoid [tiring the brain], still [can] play mando and sing
    gah! this is very bad news. concussion. a bad one, if he has to avoid reading.

I had a very mild concussion, years ago, and I do not recommend the experience. symptoms are weird and unpleasant, recovery is neither fast nor 100% complete.

two things helped me a lot - noise canceling phones (got top-of-the-line bose model, still have to use them in noisy places) and playing music.

i hope playing music helps Andrew and Emily to heal, too, and I wish them full and complete recovery, even if it takes some time.

Sorry to hear about this accident. Great musicians and great performers. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Mossman View Post
    We were shocked and saddened to hear about this happening in our town. We have been following and appreciating the music of Andrew and Emily for a very long time - and of course had tickets to the show at the Englert Theatre here for Wednesday night. I can't imagine all the feelings that an event like this must generate - so traumatic on so many levels.

Like others have said - we are so glad that you survived this - really. I have worked on and off at the University Hospital for > 30 year - so if you went there, I hope that you were treated with compassionate, excellent care.

Andrew and Emily - please know that we and many, many of your Iowa City and area fans were heartbroken upon hearing the news of the accident. Our condolences on this event and all the pain, sadness, and terror this had to bring on - let alone the impact on your families, your bandmates, your income and etc etc. And, our best wishes for healing of body and soul - and a complete, speedy recovery.

Not sure if you will be reading this - but here is a photo of the 2nd to the last time you were in Iowa City (2017) ... much happier days. You were both so kind and friendly - we talked about mandos, Emily and Kathy smiled at each other (ha)... that was a great night of music, as was the next time you were here. Hope you are able to work thru this all and if you heart and spirits allow - come back to Iowa City at some time in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emily and Andrew.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	271.5 KB 
ID:	200515

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Andrew and Emily.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	205.3 KB 
ID:	200516
    Larry, you're right. I'm in Muscatine and they played a house party here years ago. Been a fan ever since. I was really sad when I heard this news on their IG page. Terrible. I don't know the details of the incident, but I wish them a speedy recovery and hope they don't avoid Iowa in the future.
    David Mehaffey
    -------------------------------
    ...I wonder how the old folks are at home...