Thread: Not All Who Wander Are Lost Transcription Book (on my Patreon)

Default Not All Who Wander Are Lost Transcription Book (on my Patreon)

Sorry for the self promotion here but I am pretty excited about this and thought some of you would be as well. I try to keep the self promotion for my Patreon to a bare minimum but sometimes with a cool project I want to share!

I've been waiting ages for something like this to come out and decided that I should do it myself. This album is legendary and one that is near and dear to my heart. Hopefully it can be a source of inspiration for you as it has been for me.

You can find the transcriptions for this album (all of the tunes, all of them I tell you) here on my Patreon. Patreon is a monthly subscription site where you can subscribe for a monthly fee and I send out lots of mandolin content (like this book)! Like I said, I don't like to self promote my subscription based page here on the Cafe but I know some of y'all would be interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	324.7 KB 
ID:	200694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	300.9 KB 
ID:	200695Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	293.7 KB 
ID:	200696
    Mandolinist for Henhouse Prowlers and Westbound Situation

https://www.youtube.com/c/JakeHoward

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake Howard For This Useful Post:

Registered User grassrootphilosopher's Avatar

Default Re: Not All Who Wander Are Lost Transcription Book (on my Patreon

I don't think that this kind of "self promotion" should make you ashamed.

I notice what you do!

I do think that networking with people like David Benedict ("Mandolin Mondays"; excuse any redundancy) would possibly cause a multiplying effect. I do see that (many) are working on the same thing. Combine your efforts and multiply the effects. If you try, you will learn how to deal with people that (even though you have the same goal) have different personalities.

Networking is the thing. And you "Henhouse Prowlers" do it well (thinking about your african tour). Make it work interdisciplinary and across the nations. Do it while both you teach and perform.

You are doing well!
    Olaf

This is an epic album and what a damn good work you’ve done to make this stuff accessible for us. Thanks a lot. I’ve always considered jumping on patreon but I’ve never felt it strongly enough to finally do it - and you have taken me as close to the edge as humanely possible. I should just do it. You’ve been prodigious with the thile/daves transcription book AND the Tony rice solo, and I can only imagine what more you’ll come up with.

I tried transcribing Thile on Jessamyn’s Reel just for fun and wow I was shocked at what I hadn’t captured. Your work is top notch.

Not that you’ve asked for requests but I’ll volunteer “The Beekeeper” from How to Grow a Woman from the Ground! You’re just the guy to be really nailing down this Thile stuff!

Stop the chop!
    Blog Entries

"You can't play it if you can't sing it"

Just joined your Patreon! I can’t imagine how much time and work you out into the Thile transcription. Blows my mind how anyone can do this!