Thread: Partita Americana

Default Partita Americana

I have been enjoying the new Sam 'n Ash CD immensely so I searched Ashely Broder on Apple music and found this delightful album, Partita Americana, that came out in 2019. This YouTube video should have way more views! Incredible stuff from this trio.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Franc Homier Lieu For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Partita Americana

Mea culpa and also felix cupla! Ashley Broder is now Ashley Hoyer, but if I had searched Ashely Hoyer I would not have found this on Apple.

That's a really interesting album. It's similar to the Wake the Dead albums in that you're flipping between two musical styles --- baroque classical and American fiddle tunes, rather than Grateful Dead and Irish fiddle tunes --- relatively seamlessly.

In between that album and Hoyer's new one is this one, which I enjoy the most of the three. Instead of guitar, the third instrument is cello.
    https://longstoryshort1.bandcamp.com...ng-story-short
    still trying to turn dreams into memories

5. The following members say thank you to Marcus CA for this post:

Even before I got to the first transition from Bach to a fiddle tune, I was struck by the arrangement of the Prelude from Partita no. 3 for an ensemble. I love many different versions of the Sonatas and Partitas--on violin, mandolin, guitar--but also I love the bold choice of using all three and filling out the chords, adding harmonies, etc. I did a quick google search but could not find other examples of Bach's solo violin works arranged for multiple instruments. Anyone know of any others?

This may not be exactly what you are looking for ... but it meets your criteria:

8. The following members say thank you to Joe Bartl for this post: