Thread: 1927 Martin tenor at auction

Default 1927 Martin tenor at auction

If you're in the Metrowest area of Massachusetts, this may be a pretty good deal. NFI here.
    "The paths of experimentation twist and turn through mountains of miscalculations, and often lose themselves in error and darkness!"
    --Leslie Daniel, "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."

Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa1...SV2qtug/videos

Default Re: 1927 Martin tenor at auction

I am the new owner of the 1927 Martin tenor listed in the original post. It was auctioned to benefit the Nashua River Watershed Association, a fine organization where my wife has worked for many years, which was a fortuitous arrangement that left me free to bid without generating any marital tension. The guitar is back from a getting a setup by Tom Keating and sounds great. I have trouble with the stretches at this scale length when tuned in fifths, so it's been restrung to dgbe

My question is, can anyone give advice for getting a hard shell case for this? The best option that I can find is a Gator parlor guitar case, which is not a great fit but will work with a little padding. Any better ideas?
    Cedwyn Morgan

There are two versions of the Martin Mini (size 5) case - not cheap but should be good quality. Elderly stocks them. I have mine in a Ko'olau/Pono/Oahu case that's made for their size 5 tenor guitar. I never it saw it listed for sale by itself online but I contacted Pono and they hooked me up. It was $150 but that was several years ago.

Thanks. The Martins cases are out of my price range. I'll try contacting Pono.
    Cedwyn Morgan