Thread: Having Trouble Uploading Audio File

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Having Trouble Uploading Audio File

I've uploaded audio files before with no problem, but it's not working this time. I followed the standard procedure - Go Advanced, open the Attachment dialog box, browse to the file, open - then nothing, just the circulating indicator. I started with a .wav file, which I learned was too big. So I converted it to mp3 format, but it still won't upload. It's 8.5 megs, which is well under the size limit. Help!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Having Trouble Uploading Audio File

Reboot, try again later. The max upload size is near 20MB but an awful lot of things can go wrong if the local connection is experiencing issues.

3. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post:

Blog Entries

Tried it. No dice. It should work - puzzling. Thanks all the same. I'll try again in a little while.

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

I've gotten this warning, seems like an automatic response; don't know if it's related. I'm trying to transition to my new computer, received yesterday, as I've been on my rather slow backup one for over a month. It doesn't make sense though, since I've never gotten this advisory before, like when I've been on a library computer. I'm still using my same MC account, regardless. And I've been able to post with the new computer, even upload photos - just not the audio file. And I have not received the confirmation email mentioned. I'm a bit flummoxed. Sorry for any discombobulation.

Your user account does not have sufficient privileges to access this page because you must first complete your registration properly. Please check your email for the confirmation email we sent you. A valid email address must be used to register, and then our administrator must verify and approve your account request.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    Your user account does not have sufficient privileges to access this page because you must first complete your registration properly. Please check your email for the confirmation email we sent you. A valid email address must be used to register, and then our administrator must verify and approve your account request.
    That is a message received when you are not logged in. It even says so, that you aren't registered, which really means there are no login credentials and no cookie so therefore, no permissions. You may think you're logged in, but you aren't. If you navigate through a few pages and you don't see your user name in the upper right-hand corner, that's a problem.

Blog Entries

Thanks. That makes more sense than just about anything else involved with this. I was going back and forth between the crappy old computer and (it turns out) crappy new computer, and very possibly missed or messed up something. In any event, the audio file is still not uploading. I'm thinking of putting together a video and going the youtube route. All in all, that may be less time-consuming. It's just so weird. Never had this problem before.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Blog Entries

Epilogue: It may well be that the root of this problem, or at least a major contributing factor, was substandard equipment. My main computer for the last three years or so went belly-up in February, requiring me to press into the service the sluggish one it had replaced until I could find a replacement. The latter was all right for a couple of days, then began freezing at an alarming frequency. The seller was amenable to a return and refund, but I held onto it for a little while until I could find yet another replacement. This device is pretty darned spiffy, and gave me no guff when I uploaded an audio file yesterday, succeeding on the first try. I don't completely accept this as an explanation - essentially, I don't see why the device being used should affect the process - but if this works, it works, and success is success.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

PS: I may have spoken too soon. Even though the audio file that uploaded yesterday was problem free, the file that caused the ruckus persists in being persnickety. Perhaps it's cursed.