Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm amazed by the Tone Gard

Default Re: I'm amazed by the Tone Gard

Well, there seems to be currently THREE distinct discussions on the ever popular Tone Gard! OK, maybe not so distinct, after all. Including a poll, do you use one yes or no? Seems to be 56 yes to 44 no according to the results. I'm guessing 50/50 might be a little more accurate, since most people who hate Tone Gards probably didn't even click on it to participate.

My conclusion, people who like 'em really like 'em. People who don't get it, don't need 'em, and they are fine with that.

The need for more and more volume is also a mystery to me, growing up playing electric guitar in rock bands, there was no such thing as too much volume. Nobody who had a hundred watt amp ever played it on three. Certainly, the goal was to be louder than any other band, often trying to be louder than my own band members, as well! Nowadays, I rarely turn an amp past three...maybe acoustic volume is perceived differently?

Also, as I have said before, few products in the history of mankind have been blessed with this kind of customer loyalty......amazing! My dad bought Buick after Buick, so I kinda get it....

Anyway, those are this weeks findings. Looking forward to more Tone Gard threads next week!

I didn't really feel the need for more volume either, till I sat next to a very loud banjo player at a jam and I could barely even hear my own instrument.

To be fair, a lot of that is on the banjo player not tempering his volume at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sanderson View Post
    I agree. I have 2 that were given to me, and they are stashed away in a closet. I do agree that they change the tone, but my Nugget does just fine on its own.
    Time to post them in the classifieds.....
    "It doesn't matter how much you invest in your instrument until you invest in you and your ability..."

Kentucky KM-150
    Eastman MD-404
    Eastman MD-305
    Morgan Monroe MFM-300 (passed on to a new player)
    Rover RM-75

Quote Originally Posted by B381 View Post
    Time to post them in the classifieds.....
    But you just [I]might[I] need one later…
    2020 Northfield Big Mon
    2016 Skip Kelley A5
    2011 Weber Gallatin A20
    2021 Northfield Flattop Octave Mandolin
    2019 Pono Flattop Octave
    Richard Beard Celtic Flattop
    And a few electrics