Thread: Moonlight Sonata

Default Moonlight Sonata

Has anyone here done a adaptation to mandolin of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, 1st movement, or seen one?
    Thanks,
    Marty

Default Re: Moonlight Sonata

I don't know about anyone here, but if you search YouTube for "Moonlight Sonata Mandolin," You'll find a number of interpretations.
    Robert Johnson's mother, describing blues musicians:
    "I never did have no trouble with him until he got big enough to be round with bigger boys and off from home. Then he used to follow all these harp blowers, mandoleen (sic) and guitar players."
    Lomax, Alan, The Land where The Blues Began, NY: Pantheon, 1993, p.14.

For unaccompanied/solo Mandolin? Nope, none showed up on my search. Do you have a link?
    Thanks,

No, I didn't see come across any unaccompanied mandolin versions -- just a banjo one. I checked out some old Forum discussions in which someone else asked your question, but links posted years ago led to dead ends or replacement websites that I personally don't want to mess with, such as a gambling site and other sites where you can download without seeing it first or knowing anything about the site. You can google "mandolin cafe moonlight sonata" to find these discussions. You can also search using "Piano Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp minor", the formal name of the piece. Another option is to try your request in the Genre section of the main Forum page under the heading, "Orchestral, Classical, Italian, Medieval, Renaissance" where a more specialized and knowledgable group may respond, though many of those folks probably read "General Mandolin Discussions" as well. Good luck.
    Robert Johnson's mother, describing blues musicians:
    "I never did have no trouble with him until he got big enough to be round with bigger boys and off from home. Then he used to follow all these harp blowers, mandoleen (sic) and guitar players."
    Lomax, Alan, The Land where The Blues Began, NY: Pantheon, 1993, p.14.

Thanks for the detailed response. Maybe I have to do it myself!

6. The following members say thank you to M19 for this post:

Ranald 

Quote Originally Posted by M19 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response. Maybe I have to do it myself!
    Post a video if you do, I'd love to hear it!