Thread: Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway w/ Jerry Douglas live at Delfest

Default Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway w/ Jerry Douglas live at Delfest

such fine artists, and Dooleys Farm is awesome!......its all awesome

Dominique Leslie on mandolin.

(i have that same model Jerry Douglas signature Beard resonator-amazing all mahogany/Bubinga reso with a LR Baggs Nashville pickup)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darylcrisp For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway w/ Jerry Douglas live at Delfes

Fantastic, no question.
    David A. Gordon

Awesome young talent for sure! I saw them recently and the Crooked Tree disc is great.

As a side note, I confess I am saddened by all the fake eyelashes. Why world class musicians who can play circles around most of us menfolk feel the need to package themselves as a throwback to a previous century baffles me. I'd have thought we've moved beyond that. Outstanding musicianship regardless though.

She has congenital alopecia, and thus is bald, so she wears wigs all the time. I can’t speak for her, of course, but suspect her lashes aren’t terribly full for the same reason, so she uses the prosthetic lashes instead. With how damn good she plays and sings I don’t care if she’s totally bald or decked out like Dolly, I’m still going to listen. And, she can look however she likes/chooses, regardless of her talent level…

Besides, like 90s style clothes, my 20 something «#children#» tell me the lashes are back as well

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CES For This Useful Post:

From a PBS News Hour broadcast two days ago, Molly discusses her alopecia and music...

Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Charles E. For This Useful Post:

It's a fantastic record. I picked up a signed vinyl copy for my wife's birthday and we listened all the way through yesterday. Great stuff regardless of the status of her hair or eye lashes.
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    She has congenital alopecia, and thus is bald, so she wears wigs all the time. I can’t speak for her, of course, but suspect her lashes aren’t terribly full for the same reason, so she uses the prosthetic lashes instead. With how damn good she plays and sings I don’t care if she’s totally bald or decked out like Dolly, I’m still going to listen. And, she can look however she likes/chooses, regardless of her talent level…

Besides, like 90s style clothes, my 20 something «#children#» tell me the lashes are back as well
    I was aware of her alopecia, my reference was to the bass and fiddle players as well who are naturally beautiful woman without any makeup IMO. I know Molly has been in Nashville for over 5 years now, so I chalk it up to commercial packaging, which I guess I consider to be unnecessary. I'm totally with you on the band's musicianship, it's stellar. BTW, on the Crooked Tree disc, Molly is credited as the author on all 12 cuts so she's not just a great player but also writing the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Roy View Post
    Why world class musicians who can play circles around most of us menfolk feel the need to package themselves as a throwback to a previous century baffles me.
    This is a 'Win-Win' for me. I'm a huge fan of their musicianship and I'm a huge fan of the previous century.
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb