Thread: Inexpensive instrument holders

Default Inexpensive instrument holders

I just discovered an easy and effective way to hold my mando, fiddle, and bow upright during practices. Harbor Freight sells small plastic clamps (6 for less than two bucks) that will fit on the case lid on either side of the neck. It has worked well so far for me and it might come in handy for other members.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6F7D5550-5170-4CA9-AA98-C9B04EB21C0E.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	612.1 KB 
ID:	201416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4CD6D252-33F7-4D7F-ABB8-CE66DC18F069.jpeg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	201415
    Last edited by Dave Bradford; Jun-07-2022 at 5:23pm. Reason: Forgot to add pics

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Bradford For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Inexpensive instrument holders

Admiring your collection of carbon fiber. I have a Circle Strings F5 style carbon/Kevlar mandolin. It’s tone might not be for everyone, but it is for me. What’s your experience with that rare Adamas?

Thanks Tom and I think that the Adamas is everything I could want in a mandolin. It has a unique tone that seems to be evolving over time, it is very easy to play, and it stays in tune better than any mandolin I’ve ever played. Only 30 were made and they were the last mandolins that Ovation made in the USA.

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Great! Brilliant, simple - simply brilliant! Now, if they come in purple. I'm there.

I remember when Ovation came out with a mandolin, not sure of it was called Adamas at the time. I checked one out - at Brian's Guitars in Westville, remember them? - and thought it sounded dreadful - until I plugged it in. Then I understood what it was designed for. I hope they got the acoustic sound worked out. They've had time ...

Really nice case, by the way.
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

I only see four strings strung on the Adamas? Are you playing it plugged in mostly?

Thanks Steve and if you search the Harbor Freight site for “Micro Spring Clamp Set, 6 Pc.”, it looks like there is a purple one included in the set.

- - - Updated - - -

8. The following members say thank you to Dave Bradford for this post:

Plugged in when performing in my duo, but acoustic with a guitar or in a smaller jam, or most practices.