Thread: New Guitar Case under $600

Default New Guitar Case under $600

What's the best built guitar case that's not a Calton or Hoffee, and less expensive than those two?
    Hiscox seems a likely contender.
    Rich
    2015 Passernig A5 #76
    2016 Pava Pro A5 #197

Default Re: New Guitar Case under $600

Crossrock fiberglass case and they have just come out with a carbon fiber one. They are around $300

3. The following members say thank you to Skittle for this post:

Hiscox is no longer selling in the US. Visesnut sells cases that are a bit over your price range. A lot of luthiers have switched to them. You might also look at Bam.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

I bought a Crossrock fiberglass classical guitar case for my Weber octave mandolin and I'm happy with it.

I haven't put it through any major stress tests like airline travel or regular gigs, just a couple of sessions and a workshop but it's holding up fine. I posted a longer review with some photos here if you're interested:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/157200

Everything I own is in a Crossrock case. I don't think you can beat em for the price.

My bouzouki is in the case that that Foldedpath referenced. I got it for $279. It's a good fit, solid, and light. It's a great case for going to gigs, festivals, etc. I would not check it on an airline. My mandola (19 scale with a bouzouki size body) is in the Crossrock Poly Carbon. It cost just under $500. I would fly with that case if I had to. It's a great case.

Crossrock seems to tweak their cases a lot. There are subtle differences between models from year to year. I've never been disappointed but make sure you know what you're getting!
    Girouard Concert A5
    Girouard Custom A4
    Nordwall Cittern
    Barbi Mandola
    Crump OM-1s Octave
    www.singletonstreet.com