Thread: Darren Nicholson and Friends

Default Darren Nicholson and Friends

Last night I went to see Darren Nicholson (of Balsam Range) at West Jefferson, NC. It is a small auditorium, and I was able to get 3rd row center seats. Darren Nicholson was performing with Audie Blaylock and Reed Jones from Redline along with a banjo player named George Buckner or Butner (could be wrong on both names). Doc Pruett was on the bill but wasn't able to perform.

What a wonderful concert! These men came together to have some fun and perform in just a few western North Carolina locations. This was the first, and Darren said they didn't really rehearse much. You could easily tell how much fun they all were having; it didn't look or feel like a typical performance set. Wow, if that's not rehearsing I can't imagine them getting even more spectacular. He's a great singer, and the stars of this performance were clearly him and the banjo player. He doesn't get to perform much hard-core bluegrass with Balsam Range (I love them, by the way) and he just let loose on the all-hard-core bluegrass sets they played. My husband said he didn't know a human hand could move so fast. If you get a chance to see Darren perform his bluegrass roots, you'll be blown away as well.

2. The following members say thank you to Rdeane for this post:

JRG 

Registered User Gabriel Wiseman's Avatar

Default Re: Darren Nicholson and Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Rdeane View Post
    Last night I went to see Darren Nicholson (of Balsam Range) at West Jefferson, NC. It is a small auditorium, and I was able to get 3rd row center seats. Darren Nicholson was performing with Audie Blaylock and Reed Jones from Redline along with a banjo player named George Buckner or Butner (could be wrong on both names). Doc Pruett was on the bill but wasn't able to perform.

What a wonderful concert! These men came together to have some fun and perform in just a few western North Carolina locations. This was the first, and Darren said they didn't really rehearse much. You could easily tell how much fun they all were having; it didn't look or feel like a typical performance set. Wow, if that's not rehearsing I can't imagine them getting even more spectacular. He's a great singer, and the stars of this performance were clearly him and the banjo player. He doesn't get to perform much hard-core bluegrass with Balsam Range (I love them, by the way) and he just let loose on the all-hard-core bluegrass sets they played. My husband said he didn't know a human hand could move so fast. If you get a chance to see Darren perform his bluegrass roots, you'll be blown away as well.
    Darren is tops man! Great guy and amazing musician to boot
    Gabriel Wiseman
    https://poplme.co/pmywrpAD
    www.jtrband.com
    Curt Mangan Strings

2021 Duff 2 Point, 1947 Gibson J-50

4. The following members say thank you to Gabriel Wiseman for this post:

JRG