Thread: AT Pro35 - Possible to go wireless?

Default AT Pro35 - Possible to go wireless?

Hey all - just had a quick question for the experts out there regarding the AT Pro35 clip on mic. I’m currently using it on a DPA mount but am quite limited due to length of short cord on how far away I can move from the amp.

As a new player, are there any wireless options out there that would work with my existing AT Pro35 and acoustic amp or would I have to buy an entirely new mic altogether? Thanks for your time!

Likes quaint instruments poul hansen's Avatar

Default Re: AT Pro35 - Possible to go wireless?

Quote Originally Posted by bmfsfan615 View Post
    Hey all - just had a quick question for the experts out there regarding the AT Pro35 clip on mic. I’m currently using it on a DPA mount but am quite limited due to length of short cord on how far away I can move from the amp.

As a new player, are there any wireless options out there that would work with my existing AT Pro35 and acoustic amp or would I have to buy an entirely new mic altogether? Thanks for your time!
    I havent tried but I would look for a converter from your microphone plug to a female 6.3 mm plug. Then you can use any guitar remote. You coulld put everything in a small bag on your belt or strap.

I have a soundhole pickup on a guitar and I soldered a 6.3 mm plug on it. Now I connect a wireless remote to it and shoves it into the guitar, so I have a remotely connected guitar with no wires showing.

Only the turn on/off is impractical, as I have to fish the remote out of the guitar.
    Kentucky KM-805..........2 Hora M1086 Portuguese II(1 in car)
    Hora M1088 Mandola.....
    Richmond RMA-110..... .Noname Bearclaw
    Pochette Franz Janisch...5 Pocket............Alfredo Privitera pocket
    Puglisi Pocket 1908........Puglisi 1912.......Puglisi 1917
    3 Mandolinetto ..............C.Garozzo
    1 Mandriola...................Cannelo G. Mandriola...Böhm Waldzither 1921
    Johs Møller 1945............Luigi Embergher Studio 1933
    Marma Seashell back......Luigi Embergher 5bis 1909

I think they make a converter, but simply plugging a mic cord to the 35 and sticking the junction in your back pocket will give you much more cord length. You can still use the phantom from the board if you stay connected.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Quote Originally Posted by pops1 View Post
    I think they make a converter, but simply plugging a mic cord to the 35 and sticking the junction in your back pocket will give you much more cord length. You can still use the phantom from the board if you stay connected.
    Thanks for your reply - is this just a mic extension cord or is there a specific cord I would need to purchase? Any chance you have a link to a good/reliable one? Thanks again!

I suspect that it’s not that simple to go wireless with the basic AT Pro 35 (with the six foot attached cable) as it needs phantom power to operate. You need either the AT Pro 35 cH or the cW - both of which have 55 inch cables - and the world’s your lobster. See “Overview” here - https://www.audio-technica.com/en-gb...strument/pro35

Quote Originally Posted by bmfsfan615 View Post
    Thanks for your reply - is this just a mic extension cord or is there a specific cord I would need to purchase? Any chance you have a link to a good/reliable one? Thanks again!
    A regular xlr mic cord should plug into the AT cord, nothing special needed.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Audio technical makes a special version of the pro-35 that will work with their wireless system. It is able to use the wireless transmitter battery as a phantom power supply which makes everything easy and compact. You should be able to dine on their web page or call them. I have it and used for gigs for over 2 years. Bought two sets of rechargeable AA batteries and a charger and I’m all set. Only problem is at high stage volume, with any mic you fight feedback but you probably already know that. Otherwise it’s a perfect solution
    "If you hit a wrong note, then make it right by what you play afterwards." - Joe Pass

Quote Originally Posted by pops1 View Post
    This is exactly what I do. A regular mic cord is all you need.
    Mitch Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Marino View Post
    Audio technical makes a special version of the pro-35 that will work with their wireless system. It is able to use the wireless transmitter battery as a phantom power supply which makes everything easy and compact. You should be able to dine on their web page or call them. I have it and used for gigs for over 2 years. Bought two sets of rechargeable AA batteries and a charger and I’m all set. Only problem is at high stage volume, with any mic you fight feedback but you probably already know that. Otherwise it’s a perfect solution
    The wave of the future, is to use a mic modeling di, which sounds(after training) just like a mic. I use the ToneDexter and a wireless 1/4” systems, wireless unplugged is the best! Plus you can run everything through a pedal system to brave the future of distortion in acoustic music!
    2007 Weber Custom Elite "old wood"
    2017 Ratliff R5 Custom #1148
    Several nice old Fiddles
    2007 Martin 000-15S 12 fret Auditorium-slot head
    Deering Classic Open Back
    Too many microphones

BridgerCreekBoys.com