Thread: Big Muddy/Mid-Missouri on SGW

Default Big Muddy/Mid-Missouri on SGW

Title says it all. Thought yall might be interested in it.

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/148207374
    I guess I'll just stay right here, pick and sing a while...
    2022 Morris F5 #482, 1995 Flatiron 2MB, 2013 Don Kawalek flat top, 2004 Eastman 805

Default Re: Big Muddy/Mid-Missouri on SGW

Closer than many SGW listings. Sometimes there are better prices, for lack of competition, on misidentified items: this one is under ‘guitars’ only. One of my better bowl backs was a ‘ukulele’ - a category not routinely searched by people looking for mandolins. This week, another one is a ‘percussion’, and so forth. The search function also is literal and will not guess at wrong spelling. At least there’s a photo from the side indicating no severe neck issue!
    Can be annoying too: I was looking for a viola, which has it’s own category, but it’s impossible to tell, given the skimpy descriptions, whether they know that a violin isn’t a viola, or what size. A couple of the (independent) SGW operations seem to have people on board who know how to describe string instruments; most don’t.

Default Re: Big Muddy/Mid-Missouri on SGW

Ah, but therein lies the opportunity! I had a lot of fun hunting for hidden deals on ebay from mispelled listings when it was still new
    2020 Northfield Big Mon
    2016 Skip Kelley A5
    2011 Weber Gallatin A20
    2021 Northfield Flattop Octave Mandolin
    2019 Pono Flattop Octave
    Richard Beard Celtic Flattop
    And a few electrics