Thread: Tenor ukulele

Default Tenor ukulele

For want of a ukulele cafe as far as I know, I hope it's okay to post my question here!

I'm looking for a solid wood tenor uke with a sweet, warm, but also big sound. Since I haven't found a music store w much inventory on either coast or hemisphere, I'll probably need to look for one online.

If anyone knows of an instrument generally agreed upon to have those elements, or knows of somewhere in the NYC area with a great inventory, I would very much appreciate hearing from you!

Default Re: Tenor ukulele

Try Ukulele Underground Forum. All things ukulele.

John Ramsey (former owner of Avenue Guitars) makes beautiful ukuleles...

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/190299#190299

NFI
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Mim's Ukes. Best selection and service around. I got my Martin T1K ukulele from Mim. Strung up with Worth strings it will more than meet your criteria.

"Pono" brand is worth a look.

My tenor is a Deluxe model and so has a radiused fretboard and adjustable trussrod.
    Excellent build quality and made in Indonesia. Lower-priced brand of 'Ko'olau' premium
    out of Hawaii.

Good value for the $.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Give Mim a call and tell her what you want and a budget - she's really good at suggesting options, plus she sets up the uke before she ships it.

She's a friend, but I'm basing this on what I've heard from those who bought from her.

Here are some of the best ukuleles in the country and the store is located in Hawaii. The name of the store is Ukulele Friend and here is their website. What I like about their website is if you select a ukulele that you like you can play a demo of that actual ukulele selected and hear what it sounds like on their website. Their phone number is listed on their website. Give them a call and tell them what you’re looking and they can help you out. https://ukulelefriend.com/uke-store/

Here is another website if you are looking for new or use ukulele I would check Flea Market Music Forum.
    https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/default.asp
    Last edited by Darwin Gaston; Aug-15-2022 at 1:53pm.
    2023 A. Lawrence Smart A5
    2022 Girouard Griffith Tribute A5
    2021 Ellis F5 Special
    2021 Girouard Concert Master F Oval-hole
    2020 Heiden Artist Plus A5
    1992 Givens A6
    1919 Martin Style C

Another case of a new poster that never responds to the helpful comments given to him. Go figure.
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

I have a Pono Acacia tenor I bought from The Ukulele Site that I really like. It has a truss and actually came with a set of steel strings, which I’ve gotta say are pretty awesome. It was maybe a little bright at first, but as it has aged the warmth is there. Great value for the $400 bucks or so I paid for it (I’m sure they’re more now. Came with a great setup, and there’s some good content on that site.
    Chuck