Thread: Any good reputable sellers in Europe after the closing of TAMCO?

Turku, Finland (born and raised Alameda, Ca)

Post Any good reputable sellers in Europe after the closing of TAMCO?

Hey y'all, looking for reputable European mando sellers. I really loved how personal it felt buying from Trevor, I was wondering what the next best thing is. I'm actually located in the EU so outside the UK is even better.

I've ordered from Eagle Music Shop and that was a pleasant experience, but I'm still looking for more mandolin distributors for the sake of variety and redundancy. I currently only own an Eastman MD-305 which I love, but I am thinking about upgrading, and I'd rather not make the trip back to the States to do it. Thanks for any advice

Default Re: Any good reputable sellers in Europe after the closing of TAM

Try New Acoustic Gallery in Wuppertal/Germany

I'm afraid TAMCO in Brighton, England is a big loss to the mandolin community. I am not aware of anywhere else that even comes close.

Moloney Music in Galway, Ireland is in the EU but not in the UK, maybe of interest. The Hobgoblin chain of music shops, mainly in England will have some good instruments but not really in the same league as TAMCO. There are very good individual makers in most countries. Sweden certainly has some good ones (perhaps not too far from you in Finland?), but I don't know if they are sold through music shops. Look at Nordwall instruments. They look fabulous.

But I can't really help in the way I would like. There is no getting away from it. TAMCO is a huge loss.
    David A. Gordon

Turku, Finland (born and raised Alameda, Ca)

I'll check that out, thanks yogiZ