Thread: Instructors in Maine

Default Instructors in Maine

Hi all,

I'm new to the state of Maine and was looking for a mandolin instructor in the Turner Maine area. I'm pretty much a beginner but have taken lessons on and off for years so I know basics. Looking to connect with a school or private instructor in the area.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Default Re: Instructors in Maine

There is no shortage of great players/teachers in Portland. Joe K. Walsh who has been an instructor at Berkeley. Also Maddie Witler and Ethan Setiawan are located in Portland as well as some other options, I imagine. Not sure how long that drive is but would definitely be worth it.

Josh, traveling in Maine, especially in the winter can be difficult. Turner is somewhat inland and the highways are mostly two lane down to the coast.

Although it looks to be less than an hour to Yarmouth where Ethan teaches as well as Chris Moore, both at 317 Main. Great music school, just expanded, and they have a great program for kids and adults

https://www.317main.org/

If you want to avoid Portland traffic and all the road construction I'd suggest that you check out the school in Yarmouth.
    Last edited by Mandobar; Sep-19-2022 at 7:12pm.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Thanks for the suggestions. Might be a little far heading into winter but will definitely keep these in mind. Portland might be a good destination for a monthly lesson schedule.

Thank you for the recommendations. I will check out this school too.

Yep being in that part of the state puts you a ways from everyone. I'm taking students, but I'm probably even further away (Hiram) than Portland or Yarmouth.