Thread: Confused By 4 Strings

===========

Default Confused By 4 Strings

I know that I should never be surprised when knuckleheads at GC make huge blunders on their internet listings - but I came across these two, just today.

Wow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4Strings.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	203582  

Likes quaint instruments poul hansen's Avatar

Default Re: Confused By 4 Strings

Quote Originally Posted by MikeZito View Post
    I know that I should never be surprised when knuckleheads at GC make huge blunders on their internet listings - but I came across these two, just today.

Wow!
    Well the bass is actually a bass guitar. It's only in recent years that people only call it a bass just as they call an electro/acoustic guitar for a half acoustic and a western guitar only for acoustic although that couldd also be a classical guitar.
    Kentucky KM-805..........2 Hora M1086 Portuguese II(1 in car)
    Hora M1088 Mandola.....
    Richmond RMA-110..... .Noname Bearclaw
    Pochette Franz Janisch...5 Pocket............Alfredo Privitera pocket
    Puglisi Pocket 1908........Puglisi 1912.......Puglisi 1917
    3 Mandolinetto ..............C.Garozzo
    1 Mandriola...................Cannelo G. Mandriola...Böhm Waldzither 1921
    Johs Møller 1945............Luigi Embergher Studio 1933
    Marma Seashell back......Luigi Embergher 5bis 1909

What? You,don’t recognise that ukolin, or is it a mandolele? Although in all fairness, with out a description, it might be an electric 4 string mandolin, but I don’t see any knobs or dials on it.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Ibanez M-522
    Gold Tone GM 10 Frypan

Quote Originally Posted by poul hansen View Post
    Well the bass is actually a bass guitar. It's only in recent years that people only call it a bass just as they call an electro/acoustic guitar for a half acoustic and a western guitar only for acoustic although that couldd also be a classical guitar.
    The history of the electric bass is a bit weird because it was sort of a combination of an upright bass and a guitar. All the first players were upright bassists and it's normally played in a style with much more in common with upright bass than guitar. The first electric bass was actually called a "bass fiddle". I think that's why some people don't like it being called "bass guitar". That and there's a bit of a rivalry between bassists and guitarists.