Thread: High end Mandolin shops between Oklahoma and Nashville

Default High end Mandolin shops between Oklahoma and Nashville

I'm planning a trip from Oklahoma to Nashville specifically to hit as many somewhat higher end mandolin shops as possible along the way. We just don't have anything in our area that carries Gibson, Ellis, Weber Northfield, etc. I currently have a Gibson F5G that I like very much, but would like to purchase another nice mandolin. Would really like to play as many as possible on the way to Nashville and hope to make a decision and return home with my new addition.
    Please respond with names of shops relatively close to Interstate 40 as possible. I have no problem venturing off the path, and even staying overnight a few times along the way. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Teacher, repair person

Default Re: High end Mandolin shops between Oklahoma and Nashville

A long way out of the way, but Morgan Music in Lebanon Mo. has 3 Gibsons, an Ellis, and some Northfields in stock.

In Nashville: Gruhn Guitars, Carter Vintage, and The Mandolin Store. Even though inventories are rather low right now, you'll probably find more good mandolins there than any other place in the world.

Gruhn's keeps their best mandolins upstairs so they don't get shopworn. You have to ask to go up there.

3. The following members say thank you to rcc56 for this post:

TLM 

Thanks for the info. I live in NE Oklahoma, and have been thinking about a trip up into Missouri, Morgan will certainly be on my list.

If you go to Missouri, check out The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield. I bought one from them online and the Chapmans are a pleasure to deal with.
    2010 Heiden A5, 2020 Pomeroy oval A, 2013 Kentucky KM1000 F5, 2012 Girouard A Mandola w ff holes, 2001 Old Wave A oval octave
    http://HillbillyChamberMusic.bandcamp.com
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@hillbillychambermusic

6. The following members say thank you to Don Grieser for this post:

TLM 

Im headed to Springfield tomorrow, panning to hit Morgans and the Acoustic shoppe. Thanks for the info!