Thread: My videos won't play on my SW Group postings.

Default My videos won't play on my SW Group postings.

Recently I have been experiencing an odd phenomenon over on the SAW Group. I am a regular poster there and for the past few postings I find that while others can view and hear my videos, and I can see them on the page, I cannot get them to play when I click on the red button! The video just buffers then goes to an error message.

I can play them correctly by clicking on the "view in YouTube" button. I upload them as I have been doing, going to the Advanced setting, clicking the YT button and pasting in the url then removing all but the eleven numbers/letters. The Preview shows things normally and I post the video, but when I try to access it via that red button it will not start. Running the mouse pointer along the timeline on the video shows the relevant pictorial content, but no sound nor any video play.

As I said, by clicking on the YT button I can access it! Any suggestions, please?
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

Default Re: My videos won't play on my SW Group postings.

I don’t remove anything, I just paste in the whole YT URL, John.
    Sometimes I can’t see a vid, but that’s only when someone wants their vid only be seen in their particular country, otherwise no problem.

When I try putting in the whole url Simon I get a black screen and on trying to preview it the error message pops up right away. By inserting only the 11 characters of the url, the video appears properly in preview and on the thread, but just will not play. I can drag the mouse cursor along the timeline and see the video appearing as I drag, but it just will not start to play! I am in Scotland, using Windows 10 on this laptop and have Firefox as my default browser. I know you are in France and other responders posting from the US, but at least one is in Scotland and can see and hear the video! Quite an amusing if frustrating situation. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

Sudden inspiration has hit me, Simon. After posting the message above I thought about why I could drag along the timeline and get video content but no sound, so I went to my Firefox settings and had a look at "Privacy - Permissions - Autoplay" and saw that I had this set to block audio and video. I changed this to "Allow Audio and Video" and now things are back to normal. I can click on any of my videos in their threads and they work! Hope this might be of help to any other Firefox users who found they had the same problem.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Kelly For This Useful Post: