Thread: Is Jenni Lyn still making music?

Default Is Jenni Lyn still making music?

Mandolin player Jenni Lyn Gardner always used to play for Della Mae and produced an excellent solo album a few years back: https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/c...Another-Candle

However, she didn't play on Della Mae's latest album and they now have a new mndolin player. Does anyone know if Jenni Lyn is still active playing music or has she stopped?

Default Re: Is Jenni Lyn still making music?

I believe Jennie Lyn is fronting her own band now.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Thank you . Do you know the name of the band? Have they already recorded something?

I’m not sure. I’m just going by what I have seen on Facebook. She does not appear to be too active right now, though.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobar View Post
    I’m not sure. I’m just going by what I have seen on Facebook. She does not appear to be too active right now, though.
    And Della Mae no longer has a mandolin player at all due to the expense of having a 5th member. That's really too bad as they were always a great band with a mandolin player. They're still great, just a bit different than the Jenni > Maggie days.
    1999 Buckeye #18 (Bucky)
    198x Flatiron pancake mandola (no name)
    2020 Kentucky 252 oval hole (Aurum)

So, you are saying Maddie Witler is no longer playing with Della Mae?

Correct.
    1999 Buckeye #18 (Bucky)
    198x Flatiron pancake mandola (no name)
    2020 Kentucky 252 oval hole (Aurum)

That's a shame. I didn't know. I hope they will again employ a mandolin player at some point

Quote Originally Posted by mando_dan View Post
    Correct.
    The website lists Maddie as part of the band and this recent article contains info on Maddie as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...e-on-a-mission

So if they’ve changed the lineup it’s been in the last two months.

10. The following members say thank you to Mandobar for this post:

My inlaws were at their show in Rockport a couple nights ago and mentioned no mandolin player. It looks like Maddie was on tour with them in Europe recently, but the most recent east coast run was a quartet. Not sure what that means, but Maddie has not been playing their most recent shows, so ya last few months.

From Maddie’s Facebook page:

“Last night was my last show with Della Mae. It’s been a good few years. Back in July I was informed I’d be phased out of the band, playing a few festivals to round out the year, with IBMA being my last. I’ll miss the good times on tour and the friendships I’ve made. I wish them well. Not sure what the future holds for me, maybe more coffee than music for a while. I recorded a little album of original songs last summer, keep a look out for that in the very near future. I’m still often available for gigs and lessons and you can reach me here or through maddiewitler.com.”

I’m sure Maddie will land on her feet. She did a show in Boston recently with Tony Trischka. It’s a weird time for music professionals, especially going into the winter.

Blog Entries

From our news release about Maddie's new album: Known for her powerful mandolin playing in the bluegrass genre with bands like the Lonely Heartstring Band and Grammy nominated Della Mae (from which she recently parted with), most of the material was completed during the pandemic when many musicians were unable to tour or rehearse with others.