Thread: Eastman MDO 305 is In The House!

Default Eastman MDO 305 is In The House!

About years ago I bought a beautiful oval holed Weber octave mandolin. It looked and sounded beautiful but was a bear to play. The rather massive neck discouraged me from progressing and I sold it, relegating the octave mandolin to my list of musical failed experiments. I later had more success with a nice Eastman Mandola, which had a deeper tone than my mandolin, but was a challenge to my brain.

I happened upon an as new pre owned octave mandolin recently and I decided to give it another try. I found it to be well built, simply finished, throaty sounding, and with slim, modern neck, to be surprisingly easier to play. It immediately earned its way into our little old time/Celtic band.

The Eastman MDO-305 might be affordable priced but it’s the real deal as a functional musical instrument.

Default Re: Eastman MDO 305 is In The House!

Same experience here. Got a great deal on a new one from the mandolin store. Right out of the box it sounds great, thanks it part to a finish that doesn’t get in the way of the instrument doing its job.